uninstall problems.

PC Software. Anything to do with PC Games & software!

uninstall problems.

Postby Bass » Mon May 20, 2013 11:30 am

Just got this in my PCStats newsletter.
It might help some of you out there

"" What to do when Uninstall Fails to Work

Ever encounter a stubborn program that refuses to be uninstalled? This Catch-22 usually occurs due to corrupt or missing files, but often as not it's some unknown incompatibility Windows is incapable of solving by itself. Luckily there is a solution and it's not too difficult either.

In our case, while reviewing Samsung's NP540U3C-A01 Ultrabook we encountered difficulty removing an application suspected of causing BapCo Sysmark 2012 to fail. It takes hours to install Sysmark and nearly 30min to uninstall this massive benchmark, so any errors burn through time like you can't imagine.

To solve the un-unnstallable program problem we turned to a application called Revo Uninstaller - http://www.revouninstaller.com - this is a commercial program with a short trial period.

Install the program and launch it. Once open the program will display a list of installed programs on your PC. Right click on the program you want to uninstall > let the program do its 'scan' and compile a list of Registry entries for the application > check the entries to delete, click Delete, then Next.

Click 'Select All' to mark all the files and folders for the application you want to delete, double check your work and ensure no other programs are mistakenly highlighted, then only when you are sure, click Delete. The program is quite powerful so fair warning **exercise caution if you're forced to uninstall a program this way.** If in doubt, Back Up your data first.""

Notice the trail period!
Bass
Major
Major

Re: uninstall problems.

Postby CrashII » Mon May 20, 2013 11:56 am

CrashII
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: uninstall problems.

Postby Bass » Tue May 21, 2013 9:07 am

Yes CrashII, i use that one too.

But last year i unfortunately installed, by overlooking, a presigned strange search engine, that simply couldn't be uninstalled completely by using more programs!
Still there were leftovers in registry and popups telling me errors....That is called a stubborn program. They used different connected Keys in reg.

I then installed the bugger again, and i DL'ed Revo trail version. I've never seen or heard anything about it since.
Some are easy to get rid of, and some are a pain in the a..!
Bass
Major
Major

Return to Computer Games & Software