Reg clean pro

PC Software. Anything to do with PC Games & software!

Reg clean pro

Postby Steve M » Fri May 10, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi folks, my girlfriend has some malware on her pc called reg clean pro. When I run all of the armour I have at my disposal, some freeware, some payware.. I can't make it go away. Even When I run Vipre it overtakes and starts running it's own scans. Every time her PC starts up it starts an unwanted scan. Any advise would be welcome..
Steve M
Major
Major

Re: Reg clean pro

Postby Jetranger » Fri May 10, 2013 8:51 pm

well 1st i'd like to know how it got on there,, ????

she open an EMail,, or downloaded some supposed music or videos or games ????

I'll tell ya this much,,,, for a fact - a lotta those Supposed Freeware Security and PAYWARE Security programs are loaded with Scams to trick users into thinking their computer has a virus !!!

its been proven even C-Net put out an Advisory a year ago,,,,

they do this to Trick users,,,, because if a user, scanned their computer,, and found NO Viruses or Trojans,,, well they might not want or buy the product.

the other thing is , some of those FREEWARE programs,, are nothing but FAKE Hackers,, coming up with a Clever way to get into your computer to seek information, or use your computer without your knowledge to send other stuff out,,,,

You stated that you've got more than 1 Security program on your computer !!!!!

Badd - Big Mistake right there ,,,, more is NOT always better in this case,,,, too many security programs do not work well together and can actually hurt
the chances of eliminating or finding the problem.....

Pick 1 reputable ,,, Anti Virus program,,,,

take time to set it up properly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, All I use is - "Microsofts Security Essentials", do NOT have any other Security stuff on your computer !!!

this will scan ever drive on your computer and every file / folder,,,,,

Ohhh its from those guys up in Seattle Washington too,,,, called Microsoft !!!!!!!!!

It will take some time to scan your computer, maybe several hours !!!!!! let it do its thing !!!!

Microsoft Security Essentials : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download

Microsoft Security Link # 2 http://www.downloadinfo.co/review/microsoft-security-essentials/?kw=microsoft+security+essentials&subid=DIMSUS&cust=microsoft+security+essentials&type=msec&gclid=CI-u45T5jLcCFUOe4Aod3DwAvw&utm_campaign=DIMSUS&fwd=1
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby CrashII » Fri May 10, 2013 9:39 pm

CrashII
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Bass » Sat May 11, 2013 8:03 am

Bass
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Sat May 11, 2013 10:31 am

CrashII is spot on.

My wife, and a great many others, will often click on something that promises to help them out of a problem that they're told was just discovered on their computer. In that respect I doubt that even Linux would help, they'd just click OK and put in their password.

Like Jetranger, I too prefer "Microsoft Security Essentials". The one area where it fails at times is with spyware. After running a Microsoft Security Essentials scan I'll run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

For what it’s worth, there are times when you have to run you scans in “Safe Mode” to prevent the little nasties from starting before the scan.
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Steve M » Sat May 11, 2013 1:11 pm

Thanks for the replies. She plays those facebook games and I suppose thats where she got it. We only use one antivirus called Vipre and I am really surprised that Vipre let this one through as RegcleanPro is not a new bug. I use other freeware such as Glary etc. Thanks Crash and Bass, I had forgotten about Malware bytes, so after some yardwork today I'll give it a try.
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sat May 11, 2013 2:44 pm

As well as "Glary Utilities" for sorting my Registry out, and "Malwarebytes" for sorting my Mail out, my other regular favourite is...>>>

"Spybot: Search and destroy"....>>> http://www.filehippo.com/download_spybo ... h_destroy/

Every day, it locates all sorts of annoying stuff... :twisted: ....and eliminates it!.... :dance: ....!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Steve M » Sat May 11, 2013 2:54 pm

Thanks Paul, I'll have to run these tomorrow morning. She's home from work now and wants to use her machine.
I knew if I put the question to this forum I would get some no nonsense answers. Will report back tommorow on the results..
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sat May 11, 2013 3:11 pm

Steve M wrote:Thanks Paul, I'll have to run these tomorrow morning. She's home from work now and wants to use her machine.
I knew if I put the question to this forum I would get some no nonsense answers. Will report back tommorow on the results..

Well worth giving Spybot a try, Steve... :D ..!

It finds loads of "stuff" that all my other programs fail to find...

Tip: Run it as "Administrator" (right click), to have full control over what you want to delete, when the program has completed its search!

Paul....I like having Full Control!... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Steve M » Sun May 12, 2013 12:40 pm

Thanks guys, Malwarebytes got rid of it. :clap:
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby CrashII » Sun May 19, 2013 3:52 pm

Guess what? Just had to get rid of something. Yep, RegCleanPro got itself installed on my PC. Along with a few other malware programs. That teaches me to run everything through a scanner before executing...

Malwarebytes :clap:
CrashII
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Computer Games & Software