Garmin G1000

Only for Genuine FS fanatics! Taking this hobby from Real to Surreal? Or maybe just combining 4 hobbies into 1 ;)

Garmin G1000

Postby reachva » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:29 am

Greetings all,

I've currently been refining my plan to build a generic light/regional jet simpit based upon the Embraer Phenom 100 and Diamond D-jet cockpit layouts (albeit I want to integrate an FMC somewhere in there).

Both of these aircraft use the Garmin G1000 (the Embraer uses the Garmin Prodigy which is a development of the 1000) and I'm curious as to whether there a any pre-built modular style items out there that are close to it. A google search didn't find much, many dud links.

I've got some sketches I might upload of my planned design if I can find a Garmin style PFD and MFD to use. The pit itself will be just over the size of your standard desk and only with a basic enclosure.
reachva
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Garmin G1000

Postby JBaymore » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:14 am

Welcome to the craziness.

Seems to me that somewhere in the past threads here there is something about this subject.  But it woul be long ago, I think.

best,

...............john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby reachva » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:21 am

Hehe, thanks.

I've been thinking are there any apps for the iPad even that can simulate the Garmin 1000s functions as I've got one that I could use for the MFD and my spare monitor for the PFD.

I like generic as I constantly change what I fly in sim. The only real consistency is that I usually fly small twin jets and the occasional prop or turboprop. Whilst I do run a VA and fly in it with the NGX, I personally enjoy short hops a lot more than extended cruises.

For those of you interested, here is a nice quality photo of the phenom cockpit which is the basis of my design. The only differences so far being that I opted for the three standby gauges to be beneath the autopilot/radio unit on the glare shield. Also that windscreen means that initially I can get away with just two monitors or a basic projection.

reachva
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Flying Trucker » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:18 am

Wow...wonderful cockpit shot... ;)
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby reachva » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:02 pm

Yeah. I like the layout and how clear that shot is, you can read each label on the panel easily when zoomed in so you don't have to struggle determining what is what.

I'll probably start with the flight controls first (maybe a more conventional yoke, not sure yet) and the throttle/pedestal section then work on finding the Garmins.

I found that Emuteq makes a Garmin system for sim use that looks pretty good. Anybody here used it before? If I get it I'd probably need a second PFD if I want things to be like the real jets though that isn't really required.

http://www.emuteq.com/G1000.html
reachva
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Home Cockpits and Setups