Motion Cueing

Only for Genuine FS fanatics! Taking this hobby from Real to Surreal? Or maybe just combining 4 hobbies into 1 ;)

Motion Cueing

Postby Eskimo » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:43 am

I'm currently looking into building a small scale 6 degree of freedom motion platform. Since my day job is as a programmer I thought I'd try to write the controller software before investing in hardware.

I've been able to use the SimConnect SDK to get data out of flight simulator, but I don't know how to proceed in translating this data into cues for the platform.

Every thing I've found on the topic is a PhD level paper that goes beyond my knowledge to decipher.

Does anyone know any websites or books that go through the next steps needed?

Thanks!

Also, if I'm able to find the information to continue, and there's interest, I'm willing to write up my progress on here or on a blog to assist other people wanting to do the same.
Eskimo
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Motion Cueing

Postby JBaymore » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:57 pm

Eskimo,

That part of things is way outside my field of knowledge.

There are some threads in the older pages that cover full motion.... do some digging in the older pages.  Not sure if it is useful stuff to you though.

best,
..............john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Home Cockpits and Setups