I have A question

Only for Genuine FS fanatics! Taking this hobby from Real to Surreal? Or maybe just combining 4 hobbies into 1 ;)

I have A question

Postby Mike.. » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:27 pm

While I would love to build one myself,actually doing a bit of pre planning to turn my closet in my office into the nose/screen area then build outward....anyway. Say you have a wife that really isn't into flight simming but enjoys spending time with you in the same room for more than a few minutes at a time ;D. Has anyone thought to add the left and right window views off the wings to a simpit? Sure it's taking up more space but it sure would be neat to get the family involved just to have em sit there (in 1st class ha ha) and watch it from the wing view like you see all the time from flight level 350. I think that would really kick it up a notch IMO. Even if it is an extra box with to Lazyboys in it with a 32" mounted to either side ;D. Dare I say add the movie screen in the center aisle and play old inflight movies for em ;D.

Hmmm all I need to start is a 10' X say 60' climate controlled shed in my back yard and my own power station and I may have the start to something I can leave my nephew (to finish paying for) when i'm gone ;D
Mike..
Major
Major

Re: I have A question

Postby Jetranger » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:58 am

A Shed, somebody mention Shed ?  I got one of those "Resin" / Plastic Lifetime Sheds, the one with the bigger doors, took bout' 4 hours to assemble, not to badd, but, I don't Flight Sim in it, its for some of my Tools and 2 riding tractors. BUT, you could Sim in it ~ Summer put ya a little window unit A/C in it and Winter an Electric Fireplace or wood burnin stove . Hand some Aircraft photos on the Wall, Carpet the inside, get a 6 or 8 speaker surround system set up and listen to those Propliners & JT-8 Engines roar. Also, ya could have a really Big Big Computer Monitor in a Big Shed like that too ~ !!  Like a 50 in. monitor,,,, ImageImage   
Jetranger
Major
Major

Re: I have A question

Postby JBaymore » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:26 pm

Most people don;t particularly enjoy sitting in an aircraft cabin when they hacve to go somewhere.  Might still be a hard sell with the wife.

How about First Officer and build it with dual controls?

best,

..................john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Home Cockpits and Setups