Cockpit Construction Continued (Part 40)

Only for Genuine FS fanatics! Taking this hobby from Real to Surreal? Or maybe just combining 4 hobbies into 1 ;)

Re: Cockpit Construction Continued (Part 40)

Postby Club508 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:21 am

Just out of curiosity, that looks like a VERY big screen, and I know from repainting aircraft that when you stretch an image it gets more pixelated or blocky, but on that big cockpit screen it looks nice and smooth.
Last edited by Club508 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Club508
Major
Major

Re: Cockpit Construction Continued (Part 40)

Postby JBaymore » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:18 am

It is a projector onto a white-ish screen area a bit physically away from the frame of the "windscreen".  SO you are actually really looking outside the cockpit.  Not as far as the illision..... but still the eyes must focus more in the distance than the inside of the cockpit.  It is a bit "pixelated" compared to a high resolution monitor for sure.... but the realism of the overall simpit effect totally makes your brain miss any lower resolution.  Ther is NO comparison to just using a simple monitor.  It is hard to describe.  When I move my head around a bit, I can look "beyond" the physical windscreen frame, changing the view of the exterior, which gives a BIG feeling of reality; it is far more like it would be in a real plane.  Lean ahead and see more sky above your view than when sitting back in the seat.

best,

...............john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Home Cockpits and Setups