Going to start small LOL

Only for Genuine FS fanatics! Taking this hobby from Real to Surreal? Or maybe just combining 4 hobbies into 1 ;)

Re: Going to start small LOL

Postby Solid » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:44 am

Beautiful work of improvisation, you did a wonderful job.....
Gera
Solid
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Romflyer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:38 pm

So as much as I love my FS, I also have a small addiction problem with combat Jet sims  ::) ....... my latest project is now functional, though not complete, and I figured I should share.

Romflyer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby BuggsK100RS » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:20 pm

Hmm looks like a good concept you could also use one of the flexible keyboards that are now out and about to have a center console and other buttons too.

(Like that new black pit bendy K bord down the middle side ways)

Oh and if you don't know the Keyboards Im on about its these

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/keyboards-mice/5a7f/
BuggsK100RS
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Romflyer » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:12 pm

Yes I have eyed those flexy keyboards up.......I wouldnt want to put anything on top of the Map display(center console), the maps have a plastic cover and I use a dry-erase marker for  waypoints and mission info....as far as getting any extra buttons, between the two MFDs and ICP buttons I really dont need any more buttons....I could see possibly getting a few extra engine or systems management on the left console side but thats not really the kind of flying fun the this thing is intended for.......there is an angled panel section just in front of the throttle that I am thinking about getting some more goodies onto it.....and yes the flexy thing (keyboard)did come to mind..... :D
Romflyer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby BuggsK100RS » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:08 pm

I do keep on not being able to remember what key to press (ah I do remember the days when games came with paper Keyboard over lays ) some times I end up in all sorts of trouble searching for that key to press before I run out of runway!!

Now if only I had the cash for one of these rather expensive but truly fantastic bits of kit!!

Also Just Imagine striping one to use the buttons in a sim pit  :D :o
BuggsK100RS
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Home Cockpits and Setups