Touch Display HELP!!!

Only for Genuine FS fanatics! Taking this hobby from Real to Surreal? Or maybe just combining 4 hobbies into 1 ;)

Touch Display HELP!!!

Postby jaime » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:39 pm

ok I have a similar set up but to add a bit more realism to my pit (still in the construction/limited build stage) I have a 15" touch screen (pulled from an out of service photo kiosk for the WIN) now heres my problem

I want to make it so i can continue to use my normal 22" screen for the main view, and put the instrament panel on the touch screen, well thats fine and dandy, however when I try to touch the controls on the over head panel the curser WILL NOT move to the touch display, it remains on my primary display which I do NOT want it to do, I want to use the main display only for forward view (VC) and the touch screen for panel, and when i touch a control on the panel (touch display) the mouse reacts accordingly...

I hope this makes sence and I posted this in this topic because I thought this would fit best in this topic honestly, If i should make my own I can/will if needed, but didn't feel like adding to the clutter....)
one of the starters of the burner pandemic
jaime
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Touch Display HELP!!!

Postby Romflyer » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:31 pm

I think that 'touch buddy' is what you need to get things working the way you want..... Just google it, and it should get you on your way
Good luck
Romflyer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby jaime » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:30 pm

touch buddy is cool, but what im trying to do is get it so I keep my overhead panel on the touch display and use that to manupliate it but instead of that happening it tries to manupilate whats on the main 22" display instead, not whats on the touch screen...
jaime
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby JBaymore » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:21 pm

Hum.... outside my knowledge base.... but someone here will eventually help you out.

It is likely a Windows setup issue.  What version of Windows are you running?  What kind of video card?  That info might help someone figure it out.

best,

.................john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jaime » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:35 pm

its windows 7 with ATI radeon 5770 (dual DVI and HDMI ports)
jaime
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby BuggsK100RS » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:55 pm

Oh I know this one :)

The Touch input will work on your Primary Display by Default.  Yes even if you have it plugged in as your second monitor it will still only work things on Monitor number one (is seen in Display settings on your PS's operating system).

There should be some where within windows to set this up ie bind your touch monitor to the Secondary (number two ) view.

Unfortunately I carnt be of any further help as to where that setting might be.  Hope what little I know is helpfull.
BuggsK100RS
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Home Cockpits and Setups