Autopilot Failure Inbound CYYZ

Only for Genuine FS fanatics! Taking this hobby from Real to Surreal? Or maybe just combining 4 hobbies into 1 ;)

Autopilot Failure Inbound CYYZ

Postby westside » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:56 pm

I never thought I would ever need this but it happened. I have a Go-Flight MCP Pro that has worked great up until yesterday. 20 knms out of YYZ it locked up and would not respond. Prior to purchucing that unit I had a Go-Flight MCP and I left it hooked up as a back up unit. After messing with the MCP-Pro for a minute, I was getting into trouble trying to problem solve, respond to ATC and control the aircraft. It was then I switched to the back up MCP and regained control of the situation and landed successfully.
Like the first line says I thought that would never happen. The MCP-Pro seemed to come back after I shut the whole system down and restarted the computer. I think unplugging it and plugging the USB connection back in would of reset it, but it was fun resorting to the resources at hand and completing the flight successfully.
This is the first time this has happened. Has anyone else with this hardware experienced this problem? The aircraft that I was flying at the time was not a default FSX aircraft , it was the POSky 777 in Air Canada colors.
westside
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Autopilot Failure Inbound CYYZ

Postby manesag » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:23 am

If it is connected to a USB port the computer was on too much load or power and disabled it or if it is plugged to an outlet it frooze things happen hope it helps
regards

manesag
manesag
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Home Cockpits and Setups