Which is better?

Only for Genuine FS fanatics! Taking this hobby from Real to Surreal? Or maybe just combining 4 hobbies into 1 ;)

Which is better?

Postby tcco94 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:16 am

Okay so my birthday is the first week of April so im starting a small list ::) ;D.

I asked for the Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel but didn't get it because it was on back order.
So I was going to ask it for my birthday when I suddenly found this while looking for payware planes...
http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fusea ... vri_mpanel
http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fusea ... oducts_vri

Its the M panel and it seems to seek my interest all in one panel for a cheap price of only $140! I mean not really cheap but for everything it looks to be done I think this should be all ill need it wont have the start engines and light switched like saitek but it has autopilot, nav, and flap/gear which seems to be what I use most in the flights.

Although the real question is, will it work like it shows or will it be crap? The videos are convincing me. 8-)

For this to be $140 and saiteks to be $100 im getting what I want and even more for $40 instead of paying some other autopilot panel that is $500 :o

Also will this M panel work for all my airplanes. :)
Last edited by tcco94 on Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
tcco94
Major
Major

Re: Which is better?

Postby JBaymore » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:43 am

I have been hearing good things about the VRInsight stuff.  Never used it myself though.

I think from looking at them both that you'll find the Saitek stuff more "game controller" feeling...and the VRInsight more "electronic equipment" feeling.

As to what works with which plane... that is a crap shoot.  Many add-on aircraft create their own systems "outside" the normal MS provided simulation engine..... because it is so limited..... and when they do that there is no guarantee that they will workwith anything other than theor own defauly mouse clicks or fey presses.  You have to contact the manufacturer and see if their unit works with the XXXXXX aircraft.

You are taking the first steps heading down a long, dark, expensive, addictive road, my friend.   ;)

best,

......................john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Which is better?

Postby tcco94 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:03 pm

[quote]I have been hearing good things about the VRInsight stuff.
tcco94
Major
Major

Return to Home Cockpits and Setups