Switches

Only for Genuine FS fanatics! Taking this hobby from Real to Surreal? Or maybe just combining 4 hobbies into 1 ;)

Re: Switches

Postby JBaymore » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:49 pm

Another option would be to use a push button with an led inside that lights up when you press it and turns off when pressed again therefore giving you an indication that it is turned on and only giving you one press of the button on the keyboard instead of constant pressure.

Kevin,

The cheap switches with the internal lighting usually use the power that they are actually switching (x V DC) to power the led.  Since you really don't have much voltage on the line you are switching... it won;t likely drive the led.  You can get ones that have the led power separate from the poles of the switch..... but they are more expensive.

Be VERY careful when mixing DC (or AC) supply voltages on switches that are connected to interface modules.  You can fry the interface board easily if you get the wrong thng in the wrong place :o.

best,

..................john

PS:  Like your "cam" idea.
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Switches

Postby KnightStryker » Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:20 am

John,

I wasn't really sure about the led switches anyways, Just thought I would put another idea out there.
The cam idea is the way im gonna go myself. Well at least im gonna try it. Do to some unforseen and unavoidable things going on right now I don't have any money at all to spend on my Cockpit. So I am going the cheap route for now. I already have a twin engine throttle in the making, from a canabalized CH joystick.
So the cam idea seems pretty cheap to make myself.
Happy building,

Kevin
KnightStryker
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Home Cockpits and Setups