Some great homebuilt cockpit websites (repost)

Only for Genuine FS fanatics! Taking this hobby from Real to Surreal? Or maybe just combining 4 hobbies into 1 ;)

Some great homebuilt cockpit websites (repost)

Postby JBaymore » Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:10 pm

This is a starting point to move prior postings into from the large "Homebrew Cockpit Survey" thread. Messages will likely get out of the original sequence.
Last edited by JBaymore on Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Some great homebuilt cockpit websites (repost)

Postby JBaymore » Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:45 pm

F-15C Strike Eagle Simulator Cockpit Project Site

Hi all.

I just came across this AMAZING website documenting Gene Buckle's efforts at creating an F-15C Strike Eagle simulator......... by using the cockpit and many parts from an actual crashed aircraft  :o  :o  :o.   He even has photos on the site of the actual crash of that exact aircraft at an airshow!

It is at the http://www.f15sim.com address.

The whole F-15C project is beautifully documented in extreme detail... has lots of photos..... and has lots of stuff that can be related to anyone making an effort at a simulated cockpit....at any level of desired realism and budget. The complexity of the REAL aircraft is very interesting to see.  The restoration is being done in "loving detail".

This obviously is a HIGH BUDGET operation.  But it is fun to read.  Enjoy  ;).

best,

....................john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Home Cockpits and Setups