A Space Shuttle Simulator Setup????

Only for Genuine FS fanatics! Taking this hobby from Real to Surreal? Or maybe just combining 4 hobbies into 1 ;)

A Space Shuttle Simulator Setup????

Postby Tony Trout » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:53 pm

Howdy, ya'll!

Since I'm into all things NASA & the (now retired) space shuttle fleet, I was just wonderin' if anyone here has ever attempted to build a replica of any of the shuttle fleet's main cockpit/flight decks such as Columbia, Atlantis, Discovery, Challenger, Enterprise, Endeavour and, if so, how much did it set you back financially? I'd love to have a good flight sim setup but, since I'm disabled and live on a fixed income, the money to do such a thing as this is nearly impossible.

I really can't build my own sim setup, and I'd really love to go to SpaceCamp in Huntsville, Alabama and try out the simulators that are still there but.....like I said, I'm disabled with Cerebral Palsy & Hydrocephalus (it's mild but....it's enough of an aggravation that I'm not able to drive and I'm legally blind in my left eye).

Anyhow, I meant to simply ask if anyone has ever tried to set up a simulator for one of the orbiter vehicles like what I listed?? I'd be interested to know....

Thanks,
Tony Trout
Tony Trout
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: A Space Shuttle Simulator Setup????

Postby Canuck1955 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:19 am

Orbiter, a freeware offering - pretty good.

http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Home Cockpits and Setups