FSUIPC3 Payware for FS9?

Only for Genuine FS fanatics! Taking this hobby from Real to Surreal? Or maybe just combining 4 hobbies into 1 ;)

FSUIPC3 Payware for FS9?

Postby New Light » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:43 am

Hey guys & gals!

I was just curious if getting the paid version of FSUIPC3 is worth the $25 verses the free 3.74 version. Any of you old time simmers still using one or the other in your FS9 set up?

** Back Story: I was suppose to receive a new PC yesterday so I could run P3D and X-Plane 11.xx, but it was delayed until mid-week next week. I'm hoping to network my old PC, so I've been reading a bunch about FSUIPC4 & 5, Wide FS 7, SPAD.neXt and SimConnect. I have learned so much that I could have been doing (or trying out, at least) with my flight sim and equipment in the last decade, it's embarrassing. Anyway, I had uninstalled everything on my old PC in preparation for this weekend's projects. Instead of reinstalling FSX/(SE) to tide me over this weekend, I decided to reinstall FS9 with GE Pro II, REX 9, & UT USA and see how good I could get FS9 running and looking on my old, but much better FSX rig with my new found knowledge. If I can get it working properly, I wouldn't mind going nostalgic semi-regularly. I might consider purchasing Wide FS 6 if can jam enough SSDs into my old PC too. I have an array of Saitek, Thrustmaster, Desktop Aviator and Go Flight components that I never had a chance to put together, btw - not sure if those items are still configurable; but if I could get the Y/TQ & RPs set up, it might be cool. Any thoughts??

Thanks,

David
New Light
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: FSUIPC3 Payware for FS9?

Postby Canuck1955 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:37 am

I cannot actually really remember the differences between the free and paid versions. I have the paid and I think one of them is the ability to program things like various joysticks etc better than MSFS itself can do within the sim. For Ex. I have 2 Saitek Throttle Quadrants. Between them they have 6 levers 12 buttons. All are programmed thru' FSUIPC.
If you have no need of this then I suggest the Free version is sufficient. Things like PMDG aircraft which need FSUIPC are quite happy with only the freeby.

Hope that answers your Q
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby New Light » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:30 pm

Yes, it does. Thank you, I appreciate the input!
New Light
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby zswobbie1 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:11 am

I have had the payware version for many years in my FS2004 versions.
It allows to to calibrate your joystick or yoke, FAR better than any other calibration software, & it also allows you to have far more key assignments than the sim has.
For example, normally, for gears up/down, the sim does not differentiate, and has the 'G' key that just toggles gears up & down.

This is just an example of the many things that can be done with FSUIPC.
Please read the manual that will explain all the features that this amazing softwate does.

For me, & I'm sure for many others, this is an essential add-on for our sim.
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby New Light » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:17 pm

Thanks zs! I went ahead and bought it. It IS extremely versatile!

Dave
New Light
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby zswobbie1 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:39 am

Have fun with it, Dave. The more you read the manuals, the more usefull stuff you find..for example, using the mouse wheel as a trim wheel.

Cheers,
Robin
Cape Town, South Africa
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Home Cockpits and Setups