How to use REAL B8A jet grip as joystick

Only for Genuine FS fanatics! Taking this hobby from Real to Surreal? Or maybe just combining 4 hobbies into 1 ;)

How to use REAL B8A jet grip as joystick

Postby santinif4 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:01 am

Hello all -
I have an authentic B8A (MC2) grip stick from a T-38 that I would like to build into my joystick to sim with. I can't find any other article dealing with this here. Can someone please point me to any guidance that may already exist here in the forums? I do not as of yet have the connector (17 pin) that goes with the grip as I do not know the part number for it. I believe Mouser has such a thing once I find out which one I need. I have the wiring pinout schematic but I am not sure how one begins to go about creating a new joystick using the B8A's actual switches. I would imagine it would require some sort of integration into another donor joystick but I need details! I also want to attach it to a longer stick mounted on the floor of a simpit much like a real aircraft, but I fear it will be much too heavy to let the donor joystick base and springs to function. Anybody know of how to go about this? Thanks!
santinif4
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Home Cockpits and Setups