My simpit (project) up for grabs!!

Only for Genuine FS fanatics! Taking this hobby from Real to Surreal? Or maybe just combining 4 hobbies into 1 ;)

My simpit (project) up for grabs!!

Postby beaky » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:16 pm

Most regulars here have probably noticed that I don't drop by here much anymore... to be honest, my interest in sim-flying has waned the last coupla years, and consequently, the work on my 'pit has stalled. Also haven't been able to justify putting more money into it. So it's been gathering dust. I even moved it out of my room this last winter. :cry:

So I've been thinking about getting rid of it... and now that I will be moving out of the loft this summer (to a tiny rural house), I pretty much have to get rid of it. It has to go by June 1st.

I doubt I could get much money for it, so I'm offering it for free to any interested parties here at the good ol' "V" first.
I will post recent pictures and more specs as soon as I see any interest, but anyone interested can check out the "Rottydaddy Simpit Project" sticky thread for some details of the construction. It's pretty far from functional, but it's a complete enclosure with a nice seat, working multi-engine throttle quadrant and rudder pedals. I'll throw in my old Saitek X52 stick and whatever else might be useful.
It's probably not worth shipping it, even in pieces, but if anybody wants it and cannot come get it, and you live within 50 miles of Newark, NJ USA I will bring it to you in exchange for gas and toll money.
beaky
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: My simpit (project) up for grabs!!

Postby Bass » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:26 am

Well well well, that i call an offer :shock:

Just one question, how is the house prices near you atm? :think:
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Re: My simpit (project) up for grabs!!

Postby beaky » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:37 pm

Bass wrote:Well well well, that i call an offer :shock:

Just one question, how is the house prices near you atm? :think:

No idea... I am still, and probably always will be, renting. Offhand, though, I'd say the gradual recovery of the US economy means sellers are doing better than say, 3 years ago.
But there are plenty of foreclosed fixer-uppers in Essex County; it's that kind of county.
One reason I am moving 40-plus miles northwest... ^-^

so... anybody interested in simpits, not real estate? :D
beaky
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Home Cockpits and Setups