Simulator Update

Only for Genuine FS fanatics! Taking this hobby from Real to Surreal? Or maybe just combining 4 hobbies into 1 ;)

Simulator Update

Postby ermias » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:57 pm

Hello,

Almost a year a go last March I uploaded some pictures in the this this page: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=165392

Today I decided to upload more pictures and show some changes I made to the simulator. I am quite happy that I had time to do these changes and decided to share them with fellow simmers.

1- I repainted most of the parts that weren't. This time I chose a darker grey.
2- Redo the top of the glare shield. It was a little bulkier. Now it looks lighter for the eye.
3-The throttle quadrant had two Saitek throttles and one trim wheel. Now I added one more throttle quadrant (installed up side down) for fuel levers and parking brake.
4-The pedestal is a little bit wider and four real aircraft panels (Radar, Audio selecting panel, Xponder and SELCAl) are added to it. Three of them can be configured with ProSim glass cockpit software with additional circuit boards and the CELCAL can be configured with Sioc software from open cockpits. I bought these panels off from ebay.
5- For sometime I tried 32inch monitor ( you can check at http://www.flightsimshowcase.com), but I didn't like the end result. It was great but it only enlarged what was viewed in small monitor. So I decided to use three monitors using SoftTH freeware software. Now the view is panoramic and beautiful.
Simulator building will never be finished. That is for sure. I will try to finish this before my wife kills me. I guess she has made peace with it. So all these is seen in the pictures below and please do not hesitate to butcher it.

Thanks,
ermias

ermias
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Home Cockpits and Setups