Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
FS-X SDK Update Released 2006-12-07 (Read 11865 times)
Dec 7th, 2006 at 10:57pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
Admin
FINALLY an official Granddad!
Orlando, FL

And available at the fsinsider.com site, in the downloads area.

You MUST have the SDK from the FS-X Deluxe version for the update to install.

« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2006 at 3:43am by pete »  

Felix/FFDS...
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 12:52am

Bubblehead   Offline
Colonel
Clear the bridge
San Diego, California USA

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Bummer. Don't have the DeLuxe version so I guess I'm SOL.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Bubblehead

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 4:00pm

M.R.Maiornikov   Offline
Colonel
Born To Fly™

EDITED: sorry disregard my last comment, just redownloaded the patch again and everything worked perfectly.Thanks once again Microsoft.

Proud SimV Member since August 10th, 2004
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 8:38pm

Katahu   Offline
Colonel

That patch was pretty big. I finally have a better understanding on how FSX understands the visual models.

Did you know?

1. FSX no longer supports stock animations [animations that don't need keyframing such as the rudder and tires]. All animations must have keyframes applied.

2. The model.cfg file of each aircraft container now supports two seperate visual models at the same time [one for the exterior and one for the DVC]. This way, you can take the DVC model of one FSX aircraft and link it with the exterior model of another. This way, you can make a DVC for an addon that lacks a DVC. ***Some of you already know this.***

3. Inverse kenetics [ie: skin and bones] also affects the pilot figures. This is useful for me as my drivers are all single-piece models and I can finally animate the arms and legs without having to detach any mesh.

4. One of the scripts that comes with the updated SDK works in almost the same way as the FS9 version "Tag Tool". The only difference is that you have more options and they're specially made for FSX models.

I just had a look at the "attach tool". It seems to have more options than the FS9 version. I'll be experimenting with it to see if the issue with the platform has been dealt with. In FS9, platforms [large ones] have unseen spots on the surface where any model falls right through. Let's hope this is resolved in FSX.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 10:59pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
Admin
Orlando, FL

Katahu wrote on Dec 11th, 2006 at 8:38pm:
That patch was pretty big. I finally have a better understanding on how FSX understands the visual models.

Did you know?

1. FSX no longer supports stock animations [animations that don't need keyframing such as the rudder and tires]. All animations must have keyframes applied.

Welcome back K, where have you been?   Wink

Quote:
2. The model.cfg file of each aircraft container now supports two seperate visual models at the same time [one for the exterior and one for the DVC]. This way, you can take the DVC model of one FSX aircraft and link it with the exterior model of another. This way, you can make a DVC for an addon that lacks a DVC. ***Some of you already know this.***

***CAUTION***  As far as I know, this only applies to models (exterior and interior) created with the FSX SDK tools, not FS9's makemdl.exe

Felix/FFDS...
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Dec 13th, 2006 at 10:03am

crosswind   Offline
2nd Lieutenant
I Fly Sim!

Is this patch beneficial to only those who create objects for use in FSX, or is there something in it for the casual "play FSX out of the box" user like myself?

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Dec 13th, 2006 at 6:23pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
Admin
Orlando, FL

If all you're doing is playing it out of the box, there's no need to either install the SDK nor the SP1 SDK patch.

If you want to create content - be it airplanes, scenery, missions, etc., - or to tweak the aircraft.cfg and other files, then yes, you need, at the very least, to install the SDKs.

Felix/FFDS...
IP Logged

Reply #7 - Jan 2nd, 2007 at 11:53pm

Bob70   Offline
Global Moderator
Born To Fly
Phoenix Arizona , USA

Felix/FFDS wrote on Dec 7th, 2006 at 10:57pm:
And available at the fsinsider.com site, in the downloads area.

You MUST have the SDK from the FS-X Deluxe version for the update to install.

I have the FS-X Deluxe version. The update won't install. I'm suppose to have the SDK but where is it? I really don't know anything about this end of FSX, but I payed for it and I want to learn how to use it. I can't find any information on how to use it or where to open the program. I hope it installed when I installed FSX. If not, how do I install the SDK? Help!!!!

Bob

« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2007 at 2:01am by Bob70 »  

Camelback Mountain....Looking north from Sky Harbor Int.  KPHX Phoenix, Arizona  USA
IP Logged

Reply #8 - Jan 3rd, 2007 at 5:57pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
Admin
Orlando, FL

Installing the FS-X SDK is an independent install.  Look for it on the FSX disc.

Remember, the SDKs are a collection of documents that will help you create content for the game, but *by theselves* do nothing - they are not executable programs, etc.

Install the "original"  SDKs first, then the SP1 update.

Felix/FFDS...
IP Logged

Reply #9 - Jan 14th, 2007 at 6:56pm

alrot   Offline
Colonel
Freeware Designers Above
All..

Embarrassed ahh, just by looking this, blows my dream of making things for FSX, why ? it has to makes things so complicated!!!,maybe Microsoft will be saleing planes add-on by their own convinence, I haven't see the first real FSX add-on with VC yet,and of course with the quality of the default ones....they might be saying why led others make and sales planes why we can do and win more money ,lets make things harder for them Cry

There is no new Gmax ,and 3d max 7 it more than $ 5.000 dollars, no new makemdl

Is not fear Cry

Alex
EDIT

Whats the big deal?

I just place the old b777 from fs9 the animation of the wheels ,rudder,ailerons and a few word everything in any of the fs9 planes works fine in fsx ,even the _interior looks better than it looks in the fs9 it self in FSX ,what about to make the planes AS WE USED TO MAKE THEM AS IF WE WERE MAKING THEM FOR FS9?? ,from what I see It works everything exept the old gauge format?
Do I miss something ?

Katahu wrote on Dec 11th, 2006 at 8:38pm:

Did you know?

1. FSX no longer supports stock animations [animations that don't need keyframing such as the rudder and tires]. All animations must have keyframes .

But it works Fine in the old fs9 way ,I don't get it! Undecided what if I use the SDK from fs9 and desing for FSX It will do the samething, I don't understand ,perhaps I'm confuse....

Felix si me puedes explicar esto por IM te lo agradeceria en el alma!!

Venezuela
IP Logged

Reply #10 - Jan 15th, 2007 at 8:27am

Felix/FFDS   Offline
Admin
Orlando, FL

alrot wrote on Jan 14th, 2007 at 6:56pm:
Felix si me puedes explicar esto por IM te lo agradeceria en el alma!!

FS-X supports the FS9 modelling SDK.  So if you build a model for FS9, following the FS9 SDK, it will work in FS-X.

IF you pre-FS9 gauges, you *may* have a problem, so it is best to ensure that the gauges are either XML or specifically compiled under the FS9 SDKs parameters.

FS-X SDK modelling tools are available for gmax (under SDK SP1) and for 3DSMAx 7/8 (under the FS-X SDK).

Felix/FFDS...
IP Logged

Reply #11 - Jan 25th, 2007 at 5:36pm

jonosvaldo   Offline
2nd Lieutenant
I Fly Sim!
Florianópolis-SC, Brazil

Please I really don't understand some of technical names because I don't speak english really well if you could "translate" "sdk" to an easier english  i would thanks a lot, if you can't thanks any way.

IP Logged

Reply #12 - Jan 27th, 2007 at 9:02pm

fighter25   Offline
Colonel
Dayton, Ohio

WTF why don't the SDK work in regular FSX?!?!? Angry  Cry SmileyAngry  CryAngry I'll just have to buy Delux when I get my new computer.

IP Logged

Reply #13 - Feb 8th, 2007 at 7:15pm

corvette37   Offline
Lieutenant Colonel
I Fly Sim!

SDK stands for Software Developement Kit for future referance. I don't understand how to open the SDK and start working. Anyone know how?

Thanks-corvette37

IP Logged

Reply #14 - Feb 9th, 2007 at 9:19am
Heretic   Ex Member

corvette37 wrote on Feb 8th, 2007 at 7:15pm:
I don't understand how to open the SDK and start working.

*Sigh*

The SDK is no "change everything in your FSX" program, but a collection of various tools and manuals for the respective parts of the sim.

Getting into the FSX mechanics is not easy, so invest time and patience and read, read, read.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print