Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FS2004 Throttle Issues (Read 1075 times)
Jun 12th, 2006 at 3:41pm

grigler   Offline
Captain
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I use winXP, FS2004 and CH Flight Sim Yoke.  Recently, I have been having trouble with the throttle -- it automatically reduces rpms while flying and before take off it automatically revs up while the yoke throttle is in idle.  I can get it corrected by moving the throttle back and forth, but it only works for a little while before it happens again.  Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how can it be fixed?  Thank you.
Gerry

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jun 12th, 2006 at 5:46pm
jimcooper1   Ex Member

Do you have any other input devices plugged in that may have a throttle function activated?

Regards

Jim

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2006 at 9:49pm

Brett_Henderson   Offline
Colonel
EVERY OUTER MARKER SHOULD
BE AN NDB

This involves opening the case. It's not simple (especially re-assembly) and voids the warranty, so take the advice at your own risk ....

The potentiometers need to be periodically "cleaned". Sometimes just blowing them out with some compressed air works.. You might even need to blast them with some good old-fashioned tuner-cleaner.. and even eventually replace them. That's what I've needed to do, a few times.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jun 15th, 2006 at 10:59pm

grigler   Offline
Captain
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Thanks to those of you who replied to my request.  I was able to fix the throttle problem by reinstalling the CH Flight Sim Yoke software.  Once I did that everything was okay. Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jun 16th, 2006 at 5:39pm

marioprime   Offline
Colonel
LINKED IMAGES ARE NOT
ALLOWED AT SIMV!

???where can I get the Flight Sim Yoke software? ???

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jun 17th, 2006 at 1:45pm

grigler   Offline
Captain
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

My software for CH Flight Sim Yoke came with the product.  If you don't have the software I would try contacting CH Products.

Gerry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print