HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Kittyhawk 737 Problem (Read 928 times)
Apr 19th, 2006 at 5:16pm

HolluH14   Offline
Colonel
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Does anyone have a problem with the Kittyhawk Productions 737 when you turn off the A/P in an ILS approach to land; and you pull back on the stick but the plane's attitude does not change...it continues to go down...no matter how much you pull back...if you release the stick, the plane goes into a stepp dive  Shocked

Things to Know:
1. Yes my A/P master and approach switches are off
2. Yes I have fuel
3. Yes my joystick is functioning and calibrated properly (all landings with other aircraft work fine)
4. I fiddled around with the speed, and even at 180 knots (high for a landing) it still sunk....this is not a stall  Tongue

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2006 at 6:11pm

Nexus   Offline
Colonel
The greater of two evils...

Sounds like a basic trim setting dilemma.
Do you even use stabilzer trim?

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2006 at 6:18pm

dave3cu   Offline
Colonel
Procrastinate now, don't
put it off.
3CU, Northern Wisconsin, USA

Dont have that ac but kinda sounds like the ap is still engaged.

As you pull back the ap compensates with elevator trim to hold the glide path. When you release the stick the trim is full down, thus the dive.

When this happens, have a look at your elevator trim gauge to see if it is trimming down. This would indicate the ap is still engaged.

How to fix it is another problem. Have you tried using the Z key to turn off ap?

Dave

At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.          Igor Sikorsky

I intend to live forever....so far, so good.         Steven Wright

You know....you can just rip up a to-do list.
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Apr 19th, 2006 at 9:48pm

HolluH14   Offline
Colonel
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

No I'm absolutely, positively positive that the A/P is disengaged haha.  But allright...I'll check the trim...but why would that be different with the Kittyhawk model from any other FS9 model?  ???

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Apr 19th, 2006 at 11:50pm

SkyNoz   Offline
Colonel
Project Kfir!

im sure it's not a/p , but some more stuff is listed below to test. Grin

other stuff to think about

* Airbrakes deployed
*engines off ....he he lol
*maybe unbalance aircraft....check payloads Fuel+cargo etc.
*Trim...sometimes when a/p is shut off, it leaves the trim in what ever position last left in which may be down trim...
*stall, might be going a bit slow

Project Kfir!&&...&&My Gmax page&&Aircraft modeler/Aircarft painter&&&&Aye the key!&&[GeneralEngineData]&&//0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=None, 3=Helo-Turbine, 4=Rocket, 5=Turboprop
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Apr 20th, 2006 at 12:34am

wji   Offline
Colonel

Mine flies just fine and autopilot uncouples the same as the default B734 . . . come to think of it, that's the panel the KittyHawk uses:
[fltsim]
alias=B737_400/panel

... PhotoShop 7 user
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print