New Fs? (Read 953 times)
Oct 2nd, 2004 at 9:33am

The Ruptured Duck   Offline
Colonel
Legally sane since yesterday!
Wichita, KS

Whats the word on the next FS or CFS?
Haven't we waited a little too long?

"If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing" -Ben Franklin&&&&"Man must rise above the Earth to the top of the atmosphere and beyond, for only thus will he fully understand the world in which he lives." - Socrates&&&&" Flying is a religion. A religion that asymilates all who get a taste of it." - Me&&&&"Make the most out of yourself, for that is all there is of you"- Ralf Waldo Emerson&&
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Oct 2nd, 2004 at 9:43am

Nexus   Offline
Colonel
The greater of two evils...

Waited a little too long for what?
News, or the release of the games  ???

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 2nd, 2004 at 2:58pm

Scottler   Offline
Colonel
Albany, New York USA

Waited too long?  It's only been out for 13 months.  MS generally released a new FS every 2 years.  How is that long?

Besides, FS9 is FS2004, and 2004 isn't even over yet...how can that be even remotely interpreted as too long?

Great edit, Bob.&&&&&&Google it. &&&&www.google.com
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Oct 2nd, 2004 at 6:42pm

SilverFox441   Offline
Colonel
Now What?
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Noramlly we would have heard about a new CFS product, they're released on alternate years.

The last MS said about CFS 4 was a "Keep Watching" at a recent FS Conference (Avsim's). It was the same place they announced the forthcoming patch to FS9. This has lead to speculation that the two families may be merged or otherwise combined.

Steve (Silver Fox) Daly
&&
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Oct 2nd, 2004 at 7:01pm

jordonj   Offline
Colonel
Loose my license...WHAT
license?!
Michigan

Would that be a good thing... ???

My first flight in a 172 on August 20, 2004&&...&&&&Doing the right thing is more important than doing the thing right. (P. Drucker) &&&&When all think alike, then no one is thinking. (Walter Lippmann)&&&&Boredom's the problem. And how do you beat Boredom? Adventure!!!&&&&Tyler: You-You'll remember my position, won't you?&&&&Rosie: Sure! Stop by for a drink sometime!&&&&Tyler: Wait! Wait! What is my position?&&&&Rosie: Ehhhh...beats the hell outta me! I just hope I can find my way back home!
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Oct 2nd, 2004 at 7:28pm

Scottler   Offline
Colonel
Albany, New York USA

I actually don't think that would be a bad idea, from a consumer point of view....from M$'s view though....that would be an insane marketing maneuver.  You'd only get half the sales you've been getting.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Oct 2nd, 2004 at 7:41pm

Nexus   Offline
Colonel
The greater of two evils...

Is it the same development team that makes the FS and CFS?
If not, just fold the CFS team, which frees up some cash that would otherwise go to salaries...

Aren't I a little devil  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Oct 2nd, 2004 at 7:49pm

eno   Offline
Colonel
Why you shouldn't light
your farts!!
Derbyshire UK

TROLL  Wink Wink

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Oct 2nd, 2004 at 9:12pm

SilverFox441   Offline
Colonel
Now What?

I think that a merge would be a good thing.

Just think of all the neat things that could be done on the civvie side if the ordinance and effects from the combat side were available:

1: Water bombing missions. There is no reason that a forest fire couldn't be a "structure" that could be destoryed be a water drop "weapon".

2. Air-Sea rescue. How about flying offshore and finding a sinking ship and dropping a liferaft to the survivors?

3. Law enforcement. CFS allowed for missions where you had to find something...why not find a drug runner or something similar.

I personally think that a merged product would be a great idea. It would probably be two seperate products that shared a basic set of coding...and hopefully they could actually work together and share terrain, planes, effects, etc... CFS would then rejoin the family. Smiley

Steve (Silver Fox) Daly
&&
IP Logged

Reply #9 - Oct 2nd, 2004 at 9:22pm

SaVas   Offline
Colonel
KSTL Home
St. Louis, MO

Personally I am perfectly peachy with FS9 and CFS2 (Not overly fond of CFS3), as well as a few other simulators out there that are enjoyable, that I can patiently wait for anything new

My life is like the movie Office Space
IP Logged

Reply #10 - Oct 3rd, 2004 at 10:44am

Mozz   Offline
Colonel
Hello?
York, UK

I just hope that if they do merge, they keep the 'real' in 'as real as it gets' and they dont make it into a more arcade style game. I think it would be quite difficult to merge as well. Remember, airfields would be different from wartime and post-wartime. Scenery might also have changed. Were lookingat two separate sims altogether running as one program, both designed for different things.

IP Logged

Reply #11 - Oct 3rd, 2004 at 10:50am

The Ruptured Duck   Offline
Colonel
Legally sane since yesterday!
Wichita, KS

I checked the CFS3 board and they say theres no CFS in the works, or ever will be again

"If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing" -Ben Franklin&&&&"Man must rise above the Earth to the top of the atmosphere and beyond, for only thus will he fully understand the world in which he lives." - Socrates&&&&" Flying is a religion. A religion that asymilates all who get a taste of it." - Me&&&&"Make the most out of yourself, for that is all there is of you"- Ralf Waldo Emerson&&
IP Logged

Reply #12 - Oct 3rd, 2004 at 10:56am

Scottler   Offline
Colonel
Albany, New York USA

You checked the CFS3 board on this site....not for nothin', but 99% of the folks on ANY independent message board don't really have any actual facts to back up their "knowledge" of a company such as M$.

This isn't to say their speculations aren't logical, just that without being part of the development team itself, chances are you're not going to have a clue what you're talking about in regards to future releases. Wink

IP Logged

Reply #13 - Oct 3rd, 2004 at 5:21pm

SilverFox441   Offline
Colonel
Now What?

Ridge over at the Sim-Outhouse attended the Avsim FS Conference...

You can read what he had to say about the new FS9 patch, FS10 and CFS 4.

http://www.cfcforums.com/showthread.php?t=4774&highlight=Avsim

The ultimate source of the info was the MS folks attending the Avsim Conference....

From the Horse's mouth so to speak. Smiley

Steve (Silver Fox) Daly
&&
IP Logged

Reply #14 - Oct 8th, 2004 at 5:20pm

Gary R.   Offline
Colonel
If God is you're co-pilot,
switch seats.
PA, USA

Who needs any new CFS versions???  Do your self a favor and go get IL2 Gold Pack and, towards Christmas, look for Pacific Fighters which is essentially a CFS2 style version of IL2 Forgotten Battles.  Now, I've heard people complain about the twitchy handling of the IL2 platgorm planes but here is a flash.  The dynamics are accurate in the IL2 platform and MS dumbed down the CFS platform flight dynamics so the lil kids could fly it without throwing tantrums.

AMD 2800xp on gigabyte vt600l k7 triton overclocked @ 2.3 ghz, 768 PC 3200, 128 DDR 6600GT AGP, 60 gig,5200 rpm maxtor, 160gig 7200rpm WD, Sony FD Trinitron 19
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print