HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Radio Frequencies (Read 7412 times)
Jul 20th, 2004 at 6:29pm

richardd43   Offline
Colonel
Edmonton AB

Is there anyway to list the radio frequencies that are on the flight map. I would like to be able to preplan a flight without going to the map to find the frequencies.

Thanks

Richard

Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
Intel I7 3770K w/ Corsair H100
Thermaltake Level 10 GT
Silverstone 1000W PSU 
Corsair 120G Force 3
2 x  Seagate Sata 3 
16 G Corsair Meemory
2 x EVGA GTX 295   
Windows 7 Ultimate
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2004 at 5:07am

JRoc   Offline
Colonel
Town Drunk
CYVR/CYQR/CYMJ/CYXE (nomad!)

Well, after you file your plan, while you're going through your checklist go to the Navigational data page in the kneeboard, which lists your waypoints and the VOR/NDB freqs.

You can also check the frequencies using the avanced features in the GPS units.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jul 21st, 2004 at 8:38am

garymbuska   Offline
Colonel
I would rather be flying
Jacksonville, Florida

Why not try writing them down on something. Or printing out the flight plan.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jul 31st, 2004 at 9:47am

pete   Offline
Admin
'That would be a network
issue'
Cloud Cuckoo Land

Using the flight planner -

1.  Enter departure & destination & click Find Route

2. On the map that is displayed you can double click on the name of airport you require ATC or ILS frequencies for - this will then zoom to the airport area map

3.You can hover your mouse over the various points on the map for various information - ILS - ATC, etc..

Think Global. It's the world we live in.
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jul 31st, 2004 at 9:57pm
Graycat8524   Ex Member

All of these are very good suggestions.  Back in the day they didn't have GPS so sometimes when I am flying vintage aircraft (DC-3 for example) I will fly VOR to VOR.

Go to the Flight Planner.  Fill in your departure airport and destination airport.  Select VFR.  Near the bottom left of the Flight Planner select VOR to VOR.  Click Find Route.  The map view will show a squiggly red line directing your flightpath from one VOR to the next.  You can then enter your altitude (be sure to follow FAA altitude guidelines when flying in the US!) then click NavLog.

The NavLog will display the VOR's in sequence (along with their appropriate frequencies)!  All you have to do now is make a printout like Gary suggested.  Then go back to the Edit screen and double click your destination airport like Pete recommends.  You can then write the destination airport frequencies on the printout!  Cool stuff, dudes and dude-ettes!

If you want to be really critically detailed do like I do and pull up this website:

[url]http://www.airnav.com/[/url]

Click Airports in the menu below.  Enter the FAA Identifier of the Airport (i.e. PHNL or KDAL) in the blank.  Hit the 'Enter' key on your keyboard.

A page will be displayed including the airport's Approach Frequencies, all COM and NAV frequencies, and even the weight limitations of aircraft landing on the runways.  They just completed an update in June 2004 which even includes a FAA approved airport diagram.

You can print out this page or do as I do and copy the URL and place it in a Airports folder in your main FS9 directory.

Now this website only lists airports for the United States and some US affiliated areas.  I would love to locate a URL for a website that lists international airport information like this.  So far I haven't found one. 

If anybody knows where I can pick up an international website listing detailed airport information please let me know.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Aug 4th, 2004 at 2:38am

richardd43   Offline
Colonel
Edmonton AB

CheesyThanks Graycat, this is the information I was looking for. Have added the URL to my kneeboard.

Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
Intel I7 3770K w/ Corsair H100
Thermaltake Level 10 GT
Silverstone 1000W PSU 
Corsair 120G Force 3
2 x  Seagate Sata 3 
16 G Corsair Meemory
2 x EVGA GTX 295   
Windows 7 Ultimate
IP Logged

Reply #6 - Aug 4th, 2004 at 6:25pm
Graycat8524   Ex Member