Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How do I change the default Flight?? (Read 6739 times)
Reply #15 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 11:23am

Capt.Propwash   Offline
Colonel
Let's get a little mud
on the tires!
KCHS, Charleston, SC, USA

"my documents" on the desktop is a "shortcut" to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\me\My Documents\

thus, Flight Simulator Files are both in the Desktop "My Documents" and the C:\Documents and Settings\me\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files 

I just started FS9, started up a flight, and tried to save it as "default".  Checked the .cfg ..... nothing for Situation.  then went and checked the C:\Documents and Settings\me\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files  ... and now there IS a DEFAULT and Default.wx files.  but when I go back to FS... it will put me in the Cessna @ KSEA.

[USERINTERFACE]
MAP_ORIENTATION=2
PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0
PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1
PageID=3
OpenATCOnCreate=0
SITUATION=
SelectFlightLevel=0
SelectFlightTitle=0
DisplayFuelAsWeight=1

The thoughts and expressions contained in the post above are solely my own, and not necessarily those of Simviation.com, its Moderators, its Staff, its Members, or other guests. They can not, are not, and will not be held liable for any thoughts, or expressions, or posts that I have made, or will make in the future.

Computer Specs:: Acer Aspire Laptop..Win7 Home Premium 64-bit (sp1), AMD Athlon II X2 P340 (Dual Core) [2.2 Ghz], ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 (256mb), 4GB DDR3......FS9.1(sp3) / FSX (sp2)..... Ultimate Terrain X, Ground Environment X, REX, FTX ORBX PNW-PFJ-NRM-CRM, OZx, Tongass Fjords, Misty Moorings
IP Logged

Reply #16 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 11:27am

dave3cu   Offline
Colonel
Procrastinate now, don't
put it off.
3CU, Northern Wisconsin, USA

As I recall sometimes the 'Make this the default...' when saving a flight doesn't 'stick'.

After you save the flight, go to the Select a flight screen, select the flight and again check mark the 'Make this the default...' option before clicking Fly now.

Dave

At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.          Igor Sikorsky

I intend to live forever....so far, so good.         Steven Wright

You know....you can just rip up a to-do list.
IP Logged

Reply #17 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 11:32am

Capt.Propwash   Offline
Colonel
Let's get a little mud
on the tires!

Situation=C:\Documents and Settings\me\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files\default ??? being that it is named Default in that folder?

GOT IT !!!! THANKS!!!!! omg you are a life saver. Thank you for putting up with my stupidity for that while.  

Situation=C:\Documents and Settings\me\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files\Default ... WORKED!!!!!

i have also made short cuts to the FS9 and FSX .cfg folders in the respective C:\Documents and Settings\me\My Documents\Flight Simulator (X) Files 'folders' so that they are a little easier to find and get to so that i dont have to go as deep to FIX something next time.

The thoughts and expressions contained in the post above are solely my own, and not necessarily those of Simviation.com, its Moderators, its Staff, its Members, or other guests. They can not, are not, and will not be held liable for any thoughts, or expressions, or posts that I have made, or will make in the future.

Computer Specs:: Acer Aspire Laptop..Win7 Home Premium 64-bit (sp1), AMD Athlon II X2 P340 (Dual Core) [2.2 Ghz], ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 (256mb), 4GB DDR3......FS9.1(sp3) / FSX (sp2)..... Ultimate Terrain X, Ground Environment X, REX, FTX ORBX PNW-PFJ-NRM-CRM, OZx, Tongass Fjords, Misty Moorings
IP Logged

Reply #18 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 12:46pm

Opa   Offline
Colonel
Fly FS
Plano, Texas

Here is another little Tip you might find useful.

If you are planning a short VFR trip (no flight plan - just a joy ride) from Airport A to Airport B and then Back again, but you get called to dinner before completing the trip, do NOT exit FS2004 using the end flight option.

Instead, just exit it (if memory serves it is the escape key).  Your exact position - on the ground or even in mid-flight - will be saved.

Then after dinner (or whatever) restart Fs2004 and select the "previous flight" from the select a flight menu.  You will be taken to exactly where you were before and can continue the flight.

Double clicking on the Previous flight.FLT in your C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files folder will also start the flight and will bypass all of the usual startup and selection screens.

I use these "tricks" all the time.  Hope you will find them useful also.  Cool

« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2009 at 2:03pm by Opa »  

David "Opa" Marshall
IP Logged

Reply #19 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 2:02pm

Capt.Propwash   Offline
Colonel
Let's get a little mud
on the tires!

Opa wrote on Mar 15th, 2009 at 12:46pm:
Here is another little Tip you might find useful.

If you are planning a short VFR trip (no flight plan - just a joy ride) from Airport A to Airport B and then Back again, but you get called to dinner before completing the trip, do NOT exit FS2004 using the end flight option.

Insetad, just exit it (if memory serves it is the escape key).  Your exact position - on the ground or even in mid-flight - will be saved.

Then after dinner (or whatever) restart Fs2004 and select the "previous flight" from the select a flight menu.  You will be taken to exactly where you were before and can continue the flight.

Double clicking on the Previous flight.FLT in your C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files folder will also start the flight and will bypass all of the usual startup and selection screens.

I use these "tricks" all the time.  Hope you will find them useful also.  Cool

in this instance, i make use of the "P" Pause function.  everything is still set up, FSNav, Flight plan or lack thereof, everything is just as I left it.  All i have to do is unpause and keep going.

IP Logged

Reply #20 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 7:50pm

Opa   Offline
Colonel
Fly FS
Plano, Texas

I guess I did not phrase my suggestion very well.

I was thinking more in terms of an extended absence from the computer - one which would logically entail turning it completely off.

Many folks are now turning off their puters in an effort to save energy - even if they are only going to be away for a hour or so.
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2009 at 10:01pm by Opa »  

David "Opa" Marshall
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print