Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
tweak for trees and buildings help (Read 6135 times)
Oct 26th, 2006 at 8:07am

vinnyo   Offline
Colonel
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

???I am not clear on where to insert the two lines.  I am new to tweaking . I need someone to walk me through this step by step. I know this is asking alot .  Could someone please help me?

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2006 at 9:09am

vinnyo   Offline
Colonel
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I found the fsx config file but i donot know where to go from there.  any one out there that can help me? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2006 at 9:23am
flymo   Ex Member

its very simple mate

open the .cfg in notepad

depending on what the line your adding is dependant where abouts in the .cfg it goes

it is divided up into sections like terrain and things whihc are shows as
[TERRAIN]

simple search for the section using the find funtion and insert your lines at the bottom of the relevant section

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Oct 26th, 2006 at 9:39am

Fozzer   Offline
Colonel
An elderly FS 2004 addict!
Hereford. England. EGBS.

...is this what you are desperately searching for...Wink...>>>

Terrain detail:
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=4500

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=3000

Try reducing the above figures by 50% and see what a difference it makes, then tweak upwards till you are happy. The maximums for these values are 6000 (insane amounts of detail) and the minimum is 0 (no trees or buildings no matter where your sliders are set)

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.25
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400
WideViewAspect=True
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=2300
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1300

Cheers.... Grin...!

Paul....busy cutting down trees, and blowing up buildings...Wink...!

Dell Dimension 5000 BTX Tower. Win7 Home Edition, 32 Bit. Intel Pentium 4, dual 2.8 GHz. 2.5GB RAM, nVidia GF 9500GT 1GB. SATA 500GB + 80GB. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Micronet ADSL Modem only. Saitek Cyborg Evo Force. FS 2004 + FSX. Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower...Motor Bikes. Gas Cooker... and lots of musical instruments!.... ...!
Yamaha MO6,MM6,DX7,DX11,DX21,DX100,MK100,EMT10,PSR400,PSS780,Roland GW-8L v2,TR505,Casio MT-205,Korg CX3v2 dual manual,+ Leslie 760,M-Audio Prokeys88,KeyRig,Cubase,Keyfax4,Guitars,Orchestral,Baroque,Renaissance,Medieval Instruments.
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Oct 26th, 2006 at 9:46am

vinnyo   Offline
Colonel
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Thanks Flymo I will give it a try. there are alot of folders in that config file  autogen etc. I must be missing something.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Oct 26th, 2006 at 10:02am

vinnyo   Offline
Colonel
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

SmileySo I open con fig file with notepad .Then which folder am i adding the two lines to ?  Sorry guys really confused. I do not have the computer that has the game installed on in front of me because i am at work.  More detail would be appreciated.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Oct 26th, 2006 at 10:06am

Serpent_6   Offline
Colonel
Holland

I have turned Autogen off completely Wink Tons of performance (around 30 fps) and it still gives a very good sence of flying (even VFR flight).
The ground looks very good even without it and the only time you realy miss it is when your on the ground but thats solved by turning scenery complexity up to get some nice buildings around your airfields. 8)

Serp is waiting for Vista and DirectX 10 in combination with super computer to run autogen Grin

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Oct 26th, 2006 at 10:08am

vinnyo   Offline
Colonel
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

when i open the config file there are alot of other folders inside .  Which one do i go to .  very very new to this . I am thanking every one for the input .  feeling very stupid Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Oct 26th, 2006 at 1:14pm

vinnyo   Offline
Colonel
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

SadThank you for your help everyone . I guess I will just have to turn off autogen or go back to fs9

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Apr 5th, 2007 at 12:51am

macca22au   Offline
Colonel
There are no old and bold
pilots
Melbourne, Australia

Vinnyo: don't give up.  Open fs.cfg in Notepad and then put a shortcut on your desktop.  Scan down slowly and you will find Terrain. Or use the search function However for some unknown reason the principal headings are not in alphabetical order.  The two lines  TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN etc change your experience with FSX more than any - although there is a great thread in these forums called FSX and SLI which has many more important tweaks.  Forget the title, Nick N gives some great advice on tweaking and you will see the benefit of the shortcut.  Cut your autogen down to 1600 trees and 800 buildings and you will see a vast improvement and you can go up from there.  So stick to it, you can make FSX work (unless you are trying to do so on an old and slow machine).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print