Love flying but bad with files

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Love flying but bad with files

Postby Huntsman » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:10 am

Hi to all. If I post this in the wrong place, I am sorry. My main question here, is there someone who can help me with the addons/mods? I am trying to add the Concorde to my collection of aircraft but am having a little trouble with it all.This is the addon I am trying to use

FSX Aerospatiale Bac Concorde (Reworked) Package

I hope I can find someone to help me with this or suggest any other option.

Thanks Huntsman

P.S. I am using the FSX steam.
Huntsman
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Love flying but bad with files

Postby garymbuska » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:51 pm

Huntsman wrote:Hi to all. If I post this in the wrong place, I am sorry. My main question here, is there someone who can help me with the addons/mods? I am trying to add the Concorde to my collection of aircraft but am having a little trouble with it all.This is the addon I am trying to use

FSX Aerospatiale Bac Concorde (Reworked) Package

I hope I can find someone to help me with this or suggest any other option.

Thanks Huntsman

P.S. I am using the FSX steam.

Hello and welcome to simviation
With FSX OR fsx steam all aircraft are found in the Simobjects folder in airplanes of FSX depending upon where you installed it at the default position is C:/Program Files or Program Files(86) if you are using a 64 bit Operating System than under Microsoft Games and than under FSX than look toward the bottom to find the simobjects folder than look in the airplanes folder
FSX STEAM is in a folder called Steam I think it is on your primary drive which is usually the C drive I am at work right now so I can not look
once you open the stem folder look for a folder named common than open that folder I am pretty sure this is where FSX STEAM is at
In most cases if an aircraft works for FSX it will work for the steam version but there could be a few exceptions
Adding aircraft to FSX STEAM is no different except for the location of the main folder
Before adding any thing you need to make sure you are adding a complete aircraft and not just repaints.
If you look at any of the default aircraft in FSX you will see several folders
Such as Model Panel Sound and a few other files such as an aircraft.cfg file
NEVER DOWNLOAD ANYTHING STRAIGHT INTO FSX but make a folder anyplace except within the FSX folder.
In most cases a download will include a file called a readme file this will usually tell you what you need to do
If all you see are files that look like this texture.FERRARI/ than this is what is called a repaint and you have to have the base airplane in order to use it.

It really depends upon the uploader and how they arranged the files
where did you download it from
<<u
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Huntsman » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:10 pm

I downloaded it from Simviation and I have looked to where you directed me. I copied and pasted in the planes file and started it up. It worked and am very happy. Thank you so much for your help mate. <<v

P.S. I have noticed that there is a lot of the downloads that end up being skins/paint jobs. 5 times I have downloaded files for the F-14 to find it was a skin. Still looking for the actual plane files to download. Is there a way to only bring up the planes and not have the skins/paint job come up as well?
Huntsman
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby OldAirmail » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:19 pm

Check out the picture on the right.

Also, look for any "Required files".

.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby garymbuska » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:05 am

Huntsman wrote:I downloaded it from Simviation and I have looked to where you directed me. I copied and pasted in the planes file and started it up. It worked and am very happy. Thank you so much for your help mate. <<v

P.S. I have noticed that there is a lot of the downloads that end up being skins/paint jobs. 5 times I have downloaded files for the F-14 to find it was a skin. Still looking for the actual plane files to download. Is there a way to only bring up the planes and not have the skins/paint job come up as well?

This can depend where you download them from. As Jean stated you have to look in the description
I hate to mention this site but AVSIM has a feature that allows you to look at the zip drive so you can see actually what you will get if you download it.
If you use the regular Simviation site just click on the search tab and select the category you want this should filter out the paints and skins.
Glad you got them working. Just remember do not ever download straight into FSX doing so can create all kinds oh headaches.
<<v
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:27 am

garymbuska wrote:I hate to mention this site but AVSIM has a feature that allows you to look at the zip drive so you can see actually what you will get if you download it.

Simviation has a similar feature. Click on the "Zip file preview" link. http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=Bac+Concorde+%28Reworked%29+Package&categoryId=

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Huntsman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:28 pm

Thank you all for your help. It is awesome to have you all there to help me with this. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Huntsman
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam