NASA needs your Idea "space poop" solutions

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

NASA needs your Idea "space poop" solutions

Postby pilotwin7 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:29 am

:? NASA has the technology to send people into outer space, :think: still has no idea what to do with his or her "poop". Once they're there. :shock: :lol: :lol:

NASA has launched a contest for inventors to solve this uncomfortable issue, and promises to award $30,000 to the best "space poop" solutions. :whistle:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuinyltu8_w[/youtube]

NASA on the hunt for space poop geniuses https://www.yahoo.com/tech/nasa-hunt-sp ... 07045.html

Space Poop Challenge https://herox.com/SpacePoop
pilotwin7
Major
Major

Re: NASA needs your Idea "space poop" solutions

Postby Fozzer » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:23 am

My solution is to forget all this silly "Human space exploration" malarkey, and be perfectly satisfied with our time on the Planet Earth, where we, and everything else, was designed to exist in suitable conditions!

Any place beyond our breathable atmosphere is both very uncomfortable and highly dangerous!

We were designed to be "down here"...not "out there"!.... ;) ....!

A lump of Poo expelled from the International Space Station and floating in space will collide with your Star-Fighter wind-shield at a speed of 17,150 MPH, plus the forward speed of your craft.
At least it will be easy to spot, rather than droplets of Pee.

...and will make an awful smelly* mess on your wind-shield!.... :shock: ...!

Being a very sensible and practical sort of bloke, I have no time and/or patience for all this Human Space Exploration stuff.....

...I leave all that fairy-tale stuff to Star-Trekers, and Geeks...and wanna-be Suiciders!.... :lol: ....!

Paul..... :mrgreen: ...!

* ....can you smell stuff in space?.... :think: ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pilotwin7 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:24 am

:lol: Funny how it is... Plant Earth, we call Home , :think: still 90% of our Oceans remains unexplored according to the National Ocean Service. According to live Science, we have discovered only 10% of living things on the Earth. :o :snooty:

In my humble opinion, :shifty: Science has only barely scratched the surface of the Earth :naughty: :violin:

How?....or WHY?. :x Is Everything We Know About The Universe Wrong? :shock: :lol: :lol:

Science is about facts, and facts are facts :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=176133

I hope there is still a great deal to learn about the planet Earth. :pray: :pray: Our Home :D

pilotwin7
Major
Major

Postby napamule » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:52 am

Everything out in Space is perfect...it has to be..or else ('s..it' doesn't happen). Everything here on Earth is imperfect .... Mother Nature designed it that way ... 's..it' happens!
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Prii » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:08 pm

I was going to suggest Klingons!
Prii
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby ViperPilot » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:50 pm

I have no interest in violating the ToS, so do not get me started... please.

Alan :? :x :evil: :twisted:
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Postby pilotwin7 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:27 am

napamule wrote:Everything out in Space is perfect...it has to be..or else ('s..it' doesn't happen). Everything here on Earth is imperfect .... Mother Nature designed it that way ... 's..it' happens!
Chuck B
Napamule

I'm not so sure about :| (Everything out in Space is perfect..) that i don't know? :doh:

Wow.. 8-) Mr. napamule, You're absolutely correct. 8-) "Everything here on Earth is imperfect .... Mother Nature designed it that way ... 's..it' happens!" :clap: :dance:

"If only" :think: ....we must learn how to recognize, accept and talk with each other with mutual respect, common purpose and share our similarities.

Knowingly, Mother Nature designed it that way, for that we must celebrate our extraordinary difference. :D :clap:

When... we put our differences behind us. And let it go...

You no longer wish on the star. But we're together heading for the among the stars.... :whistle: Well, this my humble dreamer, I must admit I'll not able to see in my lifetime.... :(

Image Image
pilotwin7
Major
Major

Postby pilotwin7 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:28 am

pilotwin7
Major
Major

Postby pilotwin7 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:41 am

Space Poop Problem-Solvers :whistle: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :lol:

Here are the three Winners "space poop" challenge.

1 $15,000 Prize

Winner: Dr. Thatcher Cardon. Solution: MACES Perineal Access & Toileting System (M-PATS)

2 $10,000 Prize

Winners: Katherine Kin, Stacey Marie Louie, and Tony Gonzales. Solution: Space Poop Unification of Doctors (SPUDs) Team - Air-powered Spacesuit Waste Disposal System

3 $5,000 Prize

Winner: Hugo Shelley. Solution: SWIMSuit - Zero Gravity Underwear for 6-Day Use

https://herox.com/SpacePoop

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... -from-nasa
pilotwin7
Major
Major

Postby jrbirdman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:54 pm

Fozzer wrote:A lump of Poo expelled from the International Space Station and floating in space will collide with your Star-Fighter wind-shield at a speed of 17,150 MPH

Now THAT'S what I call taking a quick $h!t!!! lmao
jrbirdman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to General Discussion