Joysticks

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

Joysticks

Postby stent » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:35 am

Does any experienced players know what the best joystick is for flight simulator x-plane 10, the one I have does not seem very responsive.Thanks.
stent
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Joysticks

Postby zswobbie1 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:40 am

Nice to know what joystick you have.

Is it calibrated correctly?
Also, with the paid version of FSUIPC, you can set up you joystick exactly how you would like it.
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby stent » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:32 am

Thanks for your reply my joystick is a Saitek ST 30. I have tried to calibrate it but when I am on the runway taking off I can't steer it. It keeps on veering to the right.
stent
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fozzer » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:41 am

stent wrote:Thanks for your reply my joystick is a Saitek ST 30. I have tried to calibrate it but when I am on the runway taking off I can't steer it. It keeps on veering to the right.

When you calibrate the Joystick does it pass ALL the tests?

If it fails in the test program to automatically centralise the Joystick (faulty Potentiometer) , maybe its time to get another Joystick!

Paul.

P.S...Remember, the torque effect created by the propeller(s) and/or wind (Prop aircraft), will require careful use of the joystick to keep the aircraft on track during take-off!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:08 am

Fozzer wrote:P.S...Remember, the torque effect created by the propeller(s) and/or wind (Prop aircraft), will require careful use of the joystick to keep the aircraft on track during take-off!
Well, if they made them breakable in the sim instead of exploding hangars, I wouldn't be concened about it... I'd just break on through... :roll: :lol:

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Sinkrate » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:20 am

Thanks for your reply my joystick is a Saitek ST 30. I have tried to calibrate it but when I am on the runway taking off I can't steer it. It keeps on veering to the right.

I would suggest watching your plane in spot view when taking off. Is the rudder straight? Are all engines running? It might give you an idea of what is wrong.
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:37 am

stent wrote:Thanks for your reply my joystick is a Saitek ST 30. I have tried to calibrate it but when I am on the runway taking off I can't steer it. It keeps on veering to the right.

I believe the ST 30 is a basic joystick without a separate rudder control. Make sure Autorudder is enabled from FSX Realism settings. You can then compensate for the swing on take-off with the aileron axis. I strongly recommend getting a joystick with separate (twist-grip) rudder control at the very least. Most modern joysticks have this feature.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby stent » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:44 am

Thanks for your time and help Hagar, that was very helpful I think I will invest in a more up to date joystick as you proposed.Thanks stent
stent
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Hardware