NEW HP NOTEBOOK with Windows 10

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

NEW HP NOTEBOOK with Windows 10

Postby Jean Loup » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:07 pm

It is my Christmas present, courtesy of Min & Álex (my daughter in law & my son, living in Shanghái) when they visited us last week. I must say, I AM DEEPLY DiSAPOiNTED!! After Reading all those problems with Windows 10 and MFS, I prepared myself for a year of struggles: but as son as I installed FS 2004 & tried FSX demo, they perform flawlessly!! Now, where is the fun when things work as they should right from the box??

Previously, I had given them my opinion of touch scfreens: they simply don't work with my finger tip´s PH!! Well, I am exagerating: 2 or 3 times out of 10, they do work. Touch screens are very expensive, raises the PC Price to the Clouds!! And the RAM memory used for that screen to (sometimes!!) work, slows the whole PC worst tan any antyvirus.

This is what I got:

I installed FS 2004 & FSX demo: they both run full blast!! Something about FS 2004: the graphics look ¨more real¨ I do not yet figure out why. Maybe because the Definition is 1366 x 768, or maybe because it is 64 bits. To my eyes it looks much more smoother, like I had an update in quality. Never had I before run FSX like this!! Smooth & no stutters flying :clap: :clap: :clap:

But as soon as I tried to add all my addons... THE NiGHTMARE (& the fun) STARTED!! I have them stored in a PC with Windows XP, but when trying to access my local Web... NO WAY!! Windows over protects all Access, has hiden all the way down to Hell that menu. After 5 days of fun (& frustration!!) I have my different PC´s connected. Will post some pics when I have the hang of practice.

BUT I MUST SAY I AM HAPPiLY FLYING :clap: :clap: :clap: Windows 10 has been a VAST iMPROVEMENT over ViSTA :think: :think: :think:
<<t
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Re: NEW HP NOTEBOOK with Windows 10

Postby OldAirmail » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:00 pm

A new computer is the devils playground!

At first it works fast. But later.... AH, later. :twisted:

Everything starts taking longer and longer. You have no home life. You turn to drugs, like aspirin! :o

You stay up later and later.

You KNOW that you just need a few minutes more to get it right! WHATS THAT BRIGHT LIGHT IN THE SKY!!!

It's dawn. All those "just a few minutes more" have lasted all night.

Other than that ....... Merry Christmas! :D
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:49 am

I'm delighted for you Jean. Have fun! 8-)

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby PhilFly » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:54 am

Bonjour Jean Loup,

I think the principle is as follows:
- New PC = new problems
- New system = new nightmares
- Both = everyone knows :evil:

I remember installing W7 on my computer + FSX drove me mad but at the end it worked :?:

By the way, merry Christmas and happy new year to all

Philippe
PhilFly
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jean Loup » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:45 am

After dealing with Millenium Edition & ViSTA, Wimdows 10 is remarkably simple to handle. I do maintenance for keeping my PC agile. I have never used another Brand tan HP, they have a good lasting quality. Only the charger is what gives in after 8 years (and two owners) of daily use & abuse. There are universal chargers of good quality, because HP aftermarket is more like ¨get a new PC¨ policy or NOTHiNG.

¡¡HAPPY NEW YEAR!! FELiZ AÑO NUEVO :pray: :pray: :pray:
<<t
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Jean Loup » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:31 pm

After installing FS 2004, I made a copy as instructed by Golden Wings installation. This time, the Lessons & Flights do WORK on Golden Wings!! In my HP Pavilion Entertainment PC with ViSTA OS, as soon as I tried a Lesson or any historical Flight, Golden Wings would cancel itself with a "Microsoft is looking for a (never never found!!) solution". :clap: :clap: :clap:

Same Flight using FS 2004:

MMM... will have to work on those ground textures, very Mikey Mouse at close look in Golden Wings :snooty: :snooty: :snooty:

FELiZ AÑO 2017 <<q
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Roypcox » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:28 am

Jean; I don`t want to be personal but are computers from China for HP cheaper than in the USA?
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Jean Loup » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:12 pm

Roypcox wrote:Jean; I don`t want to be personal but are computers from China for HP cheaper than in the USA?

HOLA Roypcox, sincerely I have no idea. It is my son gift, he decided to buy in México because of warranty issues (just in case). Don´t HP USA make them in China also?
<<r <<t
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Dave T » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:08 pm

Happy new year Jean can we get you using Fsx or P3d on your new electronic gizmo or will you be sticking with Fs9?
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Jean Loup » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:40 pm

Dave T wrote:Happy new year Jean can we get you using Fsx or P3d on your new electronic gizmo or will you be sticking with Fs9?

If I was a rich man... I would! But my scarce money is beeing used on my 1973 VW Combi restore: automatic gear box does not have Reverse nor Drive (1 & 2 are begining to take a while for take off), and some Paint also needed. I have no vehicle to work (for it´s my shop-on-wheels to repair Vintage VW´s at home) nor to visit my friends in close by towns. Sometimes I am using the FSX Demo at the moment :violin: :violin: :violin:

<<t
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby ViperPilot » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:21 pm

Nice VW Kombi, Jean!

From your other screenie, it looks like you own the Volkswagen Bible (CLASSIC BOOK!), so you are in good Company!

Please stick with FS9... we fellow Niners have to stick together, you know! If you keep your Install small & simple, you should be OK, even with Golden Wings!

Alan :ugeek: :D :clap:
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Postby Jean Loup » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:47 pm

OldAirmail wrote:A new computer is the devils playground!
At first it works fast. But later.... AH, later. :twisted:
Everything starts taking longer and longer. You have no home life. You turn to drugs, like aspirin! :o
You stay up later and later.
You KNOW that you just need a few minutes more to get it right! WHATS THAT BRIGHT LIGHT IN THE SKY!!!
It's dawn. All those "just a few minutes more" have lasted all night.
Other than that ....... Merry Christmas! :D

You were right OldAirmail!! But not because of speed issues, no: it's the Microsoft damned protection that got me!! When I opened my new HP from the box, my son asisted me to start it. He asked for an Email, a key & the HP's Windows 10 opened like a bride in Honey Moon!! :whistle: Then yesterday, I wanted to check my Email (I have many, just in case) and iT WAS BLOCKED!! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: As a "safety measure" that Outlook (used to be Hotmail) made me add, I had a Netscape mail that transformed into an AOL mail, plus a "Hello Moto" phone that is gone into the wind (now I use an LG Q7 with a different number). That blocked Email is also my Skype register :violin: :violin: :violin: so my Skype was blocked also. I use it to comunícate with my son living & back in Shanghái. The mexican phone Company does not comunícate with China (USA orders) but Skype does, as well as What'sapp - the reason for my LG Q7. After a whole morning of clic's and frustration, finally my new phone was accepted as a new safety device for my blocked Email, got a key, changed the old password and everything Works again. But to change other settings in my Email, I have to wait for a month to pass by.
Sometimes I jUST HATE MiCROSOFT!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
<<v <<t
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby OldAirmail » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:21 pm

Ah, yes. Microsoft scenario 647.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Return to Hardware