Prepar3d better than everrrrrrr, at least for me

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

Prepar3d better than everrrrrrr, at least for me

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:55 pm

I don't know if this affects anyone else, but Prepar3d no longer hesitates, locks up, or pauses at odd times.

Every now and then, Prepar3d would pause with only the sound repeating the last bit of sound. This could last almost one and a half seconds.

Well, I just did an hours worth of flying in Japan & Canada WITHOUT a single pause or hesitation. Smooth as could be.

Happy days are here again! :dance:

.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Re: Prepar3d better than everrrrrrr, at least for me

Postby striker » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:15 am

Still looking for the difference <<r
striker
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Canuck1955 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:12 pm

Talk about famous last words....... just wait. :whistle:
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:02 pm

Very, very few of the "improvements" make any difference to me, but I figured what the heck, can't hurt, can it?

And to that, nothing, such as real-time weather, has broken.

Personally, I saw no difference in the clarity of instruments. FSX wins on that point.

But as I said, there was a long standing problem (6 - 9 months?) where an irritating pause would totally lockup P3d, and only P3d, every now and then. That is no longer a problem.

There was another minor irritation where Prepar3d would take a very long time (20 - 25 seconds) to get past the 6% scenery setup. Now there is no time lag when it hits that 6% mark. None at all. I had chalked it up the all the scenery that I have. Now, if you don't watch carefully for that 6% mark, it flashes by too fast to notice.

In short, P3d is noticeably faster loading, and runs a bit smoother, with no bad side effects.

Other than that, I see little of interest. Unless that is, if I buy into 3D goggles. Not going to tell my wife are you? :shifty:
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby pete » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:02 am

if I buy into 3D goggles. Not going to tell my wife are you?

That's one thing I too am looking forward to. But waiting until they come down in price.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SpaceHippy1975 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:17 am

OldAirmail wrote:Very, very few of the "improvements" make any difference to me, but I figured what the heck, can't hurt, can it?

And to that, nothing, such as real-time weather, has broken.

Personally, I saw no difference in the clarity of instruments. FSX wins on that point.

But as I said, there was a long standing problem (6 - 9 months?) where an irritating pause would totally lockup P3d, and only P3d, every now and then. That is no longer a problem.

There was another minor irritation where Prepar3d would take a very long time (20 - 25 seconds) to get past the 6% scenery setup. Now there is no time lag when it hits that 6% mark. None at all. I had chalked it up the all the scenery that I have. Now, if you don't watch carefully for that 6% mark, it flashes by too fast to notice.

In short, P3d is noticeably faster loading, and runs a bit smoother, with no bad side effects.

Other than that, I see little of interest. Unless that is, if I buy into 3D goggles. Not going to tell my wife are you? :shifty:

Hmmmm...... well that depends on how much you're willing to give me! (UK currency only!) I think I can quite easily drop a note in one of those old message cannisters during a quick flight over your way! Red ribbon tied to it for bad news, White for good! :evil:

Great thing is that being deaf I don't get to hear the fallout!!

Keith.
Flying: MSFS 2020 & P3D v5 ~ Given up on X-Plane 11
My Rig:
Intel Core i7 - 6700K CPU @ 4.5GHz,
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Z170 Motherboard,
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING 11GB GPU,
Patriot Viper 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM,
Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ Monitor,
Bose Companion 2 Series III Speakers,
Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S & CH Rudder Pedals.
SpaceHippy1975
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Roypcox » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:03 pm

OAM Did I understand from your last post the 'real time weather' doesn't work? Has it ever worked also one more question Are you talking about the Oculus Riff googles? Do you know how much they are now and have you ever tried them? What kind of computer set up do you need? Thanks for your time in answering these questions? homeboy
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:39 am

OldAirmail wrote:There was another minor irritation where Prepar3d would take a very long time (20 - 25 seconds) to get past the 6% scenery setup. Now there is no time lag when it hits that 6% mark. None at all. I had chalked it up the all the scenery that I have. Now, if you don't watch carefully for that 6% mark, it flashes by too fast to notice.

Sorry to say that, but you might want to take a look at your scenery library, because if the sim doesn't stop at 6%, it means it's not loading your sceneries at all.
My P3D is installed on a dedicated SSD (I don't have any old hardrive anymore on my computer), and the stop at 6% depends on what kind of scenery surrounds my airport. If it's a heavy photoscenery+mesh, it will stop for 5 seconds or so.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Prepar3D