Simviation Multiplayer Server?

Discuss Multiplayer flying. Arrange events, chat, recommend & ask questions here!

Simviation Multiplayer Server?

Postby pete » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:18 am

Is there such a thing now?

I don't fly and never have flown multiplayer so don't know.

If there is no such thing now I'll delete the info about 'Official multiplayer server' etc at the top of this forum. (or ammend if necessary)
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Simviation Multiplayer Server?

Postby Fozzer » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:19 am

Unfortunately, the official Simviation FS Host Multiplayer Server (178.63.253.134) [fs.netfrag.org] was disconnected a few years ago, mainly due to lack of support.
It was very popular in the FS 2002 and FS 2004 days, but the added complication of "Multiplayer connection" (Gamespy) in the newer FSX version prevented many Pilots from using it.
The latest Multiplayer details, and how to connect, etc, can be found in the "Multiplayer" thread.
Multiplayer connection for FSX can easily be achieved now, using FS Host, etc, Servers!
http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/
...and...
http://www.fsopen.co.uk/

Paul.
Last edited by Fozzer on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:41 am

Thanks Paul

This one?

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=169077

If so it should be stickied.

Anything from the top threads worth keeping?
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Fozzer » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:56 am

Hello Pete!

..nope..

An old thread tip from the olden days. It no longer works!... :cry: ...!

Multiplayer is never as popular now, as it was many years ago, and very few Folks seem to use it now!
It can be lots of fun, and an instant way to communicate with each other, on-line, during the flights!

A read through the two links I posted above, will explain how to connect to Multiplayer.

I still use it, daily...but it can be a very lonely place!... :lol: ...!

Users of the "FSX Steam version" can connect to Multiplayer from within the Flight Sim now.

It would be nice to see more Multiplayer Pilots on board again, for Tours, Fly-ins, Air-shows, Flying Instruction, etc...like we all did in the Olden Days!
Lots of fun to be had!

Paul... :mrgreen: ...!

An instant connection to FS 2004, FS Host Multiplayer Server can easily be achieved from within the Sim by inserting the IP Address.
A connection to FSX, FS Host Multiplayer Server requires a little more work, but is easy, once prepared!
..as a typical example: try IP Address; [fsmpa.hopto.org] and observe the Chat Window!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:57 am

OK all deleted. Should have been done years ago!

Anything worth making sticky? (no dirty jokes please ... O0 )
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Fozzer » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:44 am

pete wrote:OK all deleted. Should have been done years ago!

Anything worth making sticky? (no dirty jokes please ... O0 )

Buggar!... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

The only simple suggestion I can think of, for a quick, easy connection, using one of the many FS Host Multiplayer Servers, is to read through this...>>>

http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/

Two small installations required:
FS Host Spy; for FS 2002/FS 2004 and FSX. To obtain a list of all the various Server's IP Addresses, and who is on-line at the time.
In addition, for FSX; FS Host. To enable connection to one of the selected Servers, using their IP Address.
(FS 2004 can be connected directly, via the Drop-down Multiplayer Option within FS 2004).
Put both Icons on the Desktop for instant access before a flight.

Note!: For a group Fly-in, (two or more), all parties will require pre-arranging with each other, a time, a place, and IP Address in advance!.
Alternatively, select an Address with a Pilot(s) already on-line, and politely request to join the flying session.

Installing "Plan-G" will show all Multiplayers, in a moving map, flying in the selected area.

http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/

You will know when your connection is successful, by the appearance of the Chat Window within the Flight Sim!

"Teamspeak" correspondence is another option, requiring a Microphone..and Headphones (Headset).

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Whatever option you go for, the Flight Sim World is waiting for you...ON-LINE!

Paul... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby mrjake2002 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:32 am

I miss the multiplayer days!

Weekly flights together and airshows every couple of months.

I'm stubbornly still flying FS2004.

Cheers, Jake.
mrjake2002
Major
Major

Postby Alex-1968 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:28 am

FSX player here. When anyone wants to start a MP session, I'm in. I am actually doing a long flight around the world, from LIMC to LIMC. Yesterday I landed on a small isle of Alaska (at night, with fog, you imagine... :lol: ). It would be great to make such trip in two, or more.
Alex-1968
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Multiplayer