HOSTING

Discuss Multiplayer flying. Arrange events, chat, recommend & ask questions here!

HOSTING

Postby N6GK » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:20 pm

I would like to do my own hosting, I need help, I have done the outbound and outbound, I don't know that much about computers.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
N6GK
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: HOSTING

Postby Fozzer » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:26 am

N6GK wrote:I would like to do my own hosting, I need help, I have done the outbound and outbound, I don't know that much about computers.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello N6...

Doing your own hosting is fine between your IP address and a friends IP address, and hoping that the service runs trouble-free...

...but most flight simmers use the various free FS host Servers for connecting to each other, and others around the world, in Multiplayer...>>> http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/

In common with other sites, Simviation has its own FS host Server for Members to use...>>> 178.63.253.134

Multiplayer in FS 2004 using FS Host is extremely simple, and instant, to carry out!
Multiplayer in FSX using FS Host requires slightly more work (but further assistance can be obtained here)!

At the top of this Forum there are Help Files for Multiplayer connection.
Ask here, if you have any questions!

Have fun in the Flight Sim Multiplayer World...there are lots of us out there!

Paul...FS 2004 (and FSX).... :mrgreen: ...!

P.S. ..download, and run this little program. It will give you a hint of what is happening in the FS Host Multiplayer World, minute by minute!...>>> http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshostspy/
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby N6GK » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:27 am

Thanks for the info, I and my friend want to fly together, also, I looked at your IP address, and it would not let me in.
Is there any thing else I need to do except type in the numbers?
N6GK
N6GK
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fozzer » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:12 am

N6GK wrote:Thanks for the info, I and my friend want to fly together, also, I looked at your IP address, and it would not let me in.
Is there any thing else I need to do except type in the numbers?
N6GK

To make it simple, just to get you both started, both of you fire up your FS 2004 Flight Sims, in the drop-down Multiplayer option, type in this IP address as follows... 203.114.130.15 ....

....in both of your FS 2004 Multiplayer boxes.
Press search, as soon as it find it, select; "Join". A message will be displayed on the screen!

Both of you decide on the same Airfield location...and meet there!

Pressing "Enter" will bring up your; "Chat Windows" where you can now type to each other!

Give that a try for a start, and see how you get on!

This is where you will both appear...>>> http://203.114.130.15:81/

Paul...FS 2004+FS Navigator.... :mrgreen: ...!

Let us know how you get on!

Tip: BOTH of you select a Default Aircraft for simplicity!

Your FS 2004 Multiplayer page...>>> Image
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby N6GK » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:15 am

we are both on fsx, is that what you mean fs2004, oh we also have the x accerlation package.
N6GK
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fozzer » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:57 am

N6GK wrote:we are both on fsx, is that what you mean fs2004, oh we also have the x accerlation package.

The same procedure as FS 2002/FS 2004, but very slightly different, (to by-pass/avoid the annoying Game Spy version!)...

http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/

Download, install, and run "FS Host Client".....Type the IP Address, etc, in there, the same as the FS 2004 version, to connect you to FS Host!

Its all very easy..trust me/us... :D ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!

Don't forget to read the FAQ Help files at the top of the Multiplayer Forum!

This is what you get when you run FS Host Client for FSX!..(Put a short-cut on your Desktop!)....>>>

As you can see, it works exactly the same as FS 2002/FS 2004 for connection to Multiplayer!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby N6GK » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:20 am

Ok, now I see, but I have another question, does simvation support actual weather?
N6GK
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fozzer » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:08 pm

N6GK wrote:Ok, now I see, but I have another question, does simvation support actual weather?

Probably not... :roll: ....

...I think a Bloke called; "God", up there, handles all of that sort of complicated stuff.... ;) ...!

Paul... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby N6GK » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:26 pm

Thanks for all the help, I am up and running. As of right know I only have 5 spots, but if any one wants to check it out go to Air Wisconsin
N6GK
N6GK
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fozzer » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:45 pm

N6GK wrote:Thanks for all the help, I am up and running. As of right know I only have 5 spots, but if any one wants to check it out go to Air Wisconsin
N6GK

...and the Multiplayer IP address for; "Air Wisconsin" is??.... :think: ...!

(It doesn't appear in the "FS Host" list of Servers).

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby TheModel » Thu May 02, 2013 1:09 am

@N6GK
Hi,without computer knowledge why are you taking risk to create a own hosting.
I will suggest you another easy to host your site.Visit the site 9cubehosting.com here they are providing Linux based Shared,Dedicated,semi-dedicated and VPS hosting at low cost.They are supporting with good customer service at 24/7.The servers are also 99% uptime.I have hosted my site here.They are many features with hosting.This is the good and reliable Linux web hosting site. You can also host your site here and make your site professional.
TheModel
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fozzer » Fri May 03, 2013 4:57 am

If you just want to fly with your Mates (for fun?), or anyone else who happens to be on-line in Multiplayer, then the FS Host route for FS 2002, FS 2004, and FSX is completely free, and available 24/7... :D ...!

http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/

If you want to install and run your own special Web Site for "Hosting" Multiplayer, requiring an Annual Fee, then that is a different matter.

Paul....FS 2002, FS 2004, and FSX.... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby N6GK » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:32 pm

many thanks for the past help, I have a server up call Air Wisconsin. Now I am getting bigger, I have added 2 more monitors and trying to make it work.Right now I can see on all 3 but, it seem they don't move together, if I zoom, only the 1 I am clicked on moves. My question, will WIDEVIEW program work? It looks good on youtube but for 49 bucks I want to make sure it will do what I want
N6GK
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Multiplayer