Looking for an old specific mission.....

General discussion for CFS2 - WW 2 Pacific Theater

Looking for an old specific mission.....

Postby 4_Series_Scania » Tue May 13, 2014 10:01 am

Hello all, long time no post! - many thanks to Pete for the assistance in re-activating my account due to me forgetting my log in details!!! :oops:

I decided to give my beloved CFS2 a dust off and re-install the other day, I fancied seeing if I could still bring my now much more modern PC to a crawl with an old mission for CFS2.

In a nutshell, if I recall correctly (doubtful!),it was a mission called something like "A Flaking Hard Mission", it involved simply flying over a small island that has an insane number of Flak guns mounted on it, using the excellent Manhattan project mission / expansion I used to literally lock up my PC as poor old CFS 2 tried to register the numerous destroyed ground objects, 255 Flak guns sticks in my mind for some reason....

I've tried Google to no avail, had a good browse of SimV's CFS2 mission pages (albeit on my phone) but couldn't see it, I don't recall the author alas and for whatever reason, I seem to not have it in my CFS2 add-on folder thats sat on one of my hard drives for years....

A long shot, I know, but I'm hoping my old stomping ground Simviation can help me find this old Mission...

Many thanks.

Oh! & its nice to be back! ^-^ :bow-yellow:
4_Series_Scania
Major
Major

Re: Looking for an old specific mission.....

Postby Polar_Lion » Tue May 13, 2014 12:11 pm

welcome back.

If you got the original mission here then it should be here. SimV has had the least amount of trouble over the last few years. So most of the arcives are intact. I don't recall that one myself.

There has been alot of additions in the last few years. We've lost a couple of the Great Creators. Akemi and Collin just this year. Very few sites are still running.

SimV's CFS2 group is here but for the most part quiet. There is still a group at SOH. We've been doing alot of things to keep CFS2 going.

So grab a drink of your choice, Clear some HD space and enjoy.

check these sites as well

http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/default.htm

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/c ... de3e33d4e4

Till Later,
John
Polar_Lion
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Tue May 13, 2014 1:02 pm

Hello Scan!.... :o ...!

Long time no see!

Good to see Trent is still Stoking!.... :D ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Polar_Lion » Tue May 13, 2014 1:33 pm

here try this. might be what your looking for. its on page 29 in the missions&campaigns.

http://simviation.com/1/download-file?f ... leId=33422
Polar_Lion
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby 4_Series_Scania » Wed May 14, 2014 12:16 am

Fozzer wrote:Hello Scan!.... :o ...!

Long time no see!

Good to see Trent is still Stoking!.... :D ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!

Hello Paul!

Indeed, long time no see!!

Glad to see you & indeed many other familiar names still lurking here! :)

Polar_Lion wrote:here try this. might be what your looking for. its on page 29 in the missions&campaigns.

http://simviation.com/1/download-file?f ... leId=33422

That's not the exact one, but, could be worth a try, thanks. :)
4_Series_Scania
Major
Major

Postby Bass » Wed May 14, 2014 7:07 am

Hi Scan..
Not much to go for. I've been thru my backups, but no luck.
What plane(s)? Where? Just maybe to be a bit closer....
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby 4_Series_Scania » Wed May 14, 2014 7:22 am

Bass wrote:Hi Scan..
Not much to go for. I've been thru my backups, but no luck.
What plane(s)? Where? Just maybe to be a bit closer....

Thanks for the reply Bass,

No planes included from what I recall, just a simple mission that involved flying over a small island with 255 flak guns mounted on it!! - the flak storm thrown up - especially with a "lingering flak tweak" was something to behold and used to bring my old machines to their knees :D

I even have / had it as a .zip file - flaking.mis - but unfortunately it's corrupted and won't extract any more :/

I guess I should finally sit down and get my head around mission building and create a new one myself.
4_Series_Scania
Major
Major

Postby Bass » Wed May 14, 2014 8:06 am

Sorry Scan.. nothing in my "memory".
If you got the correct .zip file name, it should be possible to track it down, unless if its a part of a mission pack!!

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Thu May 15, 2014 2:47 am

Hello old chap. Long time no see. Are you still driving that Scania? :D

I even have / had it as a .zip file - flaking.mis - but unfortunately it's corrupted and won't extract any more :/

That seems odd. Have you tried using a different zip extraction software? 7-Zip works for me. http://www.7-zip.org/

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby 4_Series_Scania » Thu May 15, 2014 3:13 am

Hagar wrote:Hello old chap. Long time no see. Are you still driving that Scania? :D

That seems odd. Have you tried using a different zip extraction software? 7-Zip works for me. http://www.7-zip.org/

Hello Doug, nice to see another familiar face from old! :)

Yes, still driving Scania's, the past few years for Eddie Stobart, just doing agency work now though, odd days to suit me rather than live in a truck for 5-6 days to suit them!!

As for the .zip file, yes, tried a few compression program's including 7-zip but it seems completely corrupted, it's stored on an old CD (giving you an idea how long I've had this file!) but it won't work. Annoyingly the other stuff on the CD extracts fine!

Bass,
I've tried Googling the file name but drawn a blank, I'm 99% sure it was a stand alone mission rather than an expansion pack, and could have sworn I found it originally here at Simviation.

Ho hum!
Posting drivel here since Jan 31st, 2002. - That long!
"He who laughs last, thinks slowest."
4_Series_Scania
Major
Major

Postby Bass » Thu May 15, 2014 7:07 am

Ok Scan..
Got some links for you. Some will prob not work anymore!
http://www.raafsquad.com/links.htm#cfs2
Thats all i can do atm.

Bass
Major
Major

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 2