"Mini-Chat" extension to the Forum...

Questions, suggestions, ideas, complaints, compliments about this site or forums. Ask here.

"Mini-Chat" extension to the Forum...

Postby Fozzer » Sun May 24, 2015 3:15 am

Hello Sim V Chums!... :D ...!

One of my daily Flight Sim Forums has included a "Mini-Chat" extension to their forums, which is great fun, enabling instant, typed chat, between members already on line at the time!

Instant fun, instant news, instant help, loadsa laughs, etc, etc... :dance: ...!

..any chance for Simviation?

Paul...I love having fun, chatting!.... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: "Mini-Chat" extension to the Forum...

Postby Hawkeye07 » Sun May 24, 2015 5:47 pm

That sounds like a neat idea Paul! Is it geared more for individual (one on one) chats or can there be group discussions?

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby pete » Mon May 25, 2015 2:28 am

Problem is it's out of anyone's control and all kind of things could be talked about - including bad stuff - like flame war talk!
You will also find that people use it to answer questions -- and other users would not benefit. (one of my all time annoyances when searching the net to get info, is when I find my question asked somewhere and the answer is 'see my pm' --- followed by 'thanks man, that did it!')

..... on another note ..... I sometimes wonder why anyone ever posts videos on youtube. Very rarely find any video that isn't ridiculed and the poster put down ..... Maybe I'm too sensitive ....... :cry:
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Fozzer » Mon May 25, 2015 3:10 am

Ta for the reply, Pete.... :D ...!

Point taken.... ;) ...!

Videos:
Since getting my new Sport video camera, to fit to my motor bike, I have been getting some requests from Flight Sim Members to post links to my recorded touring videos so they can see what the British countryside looks like....
The problem is...finding somewhere to store the videos, which are often quite large in data size (many Giga-Bytes), and recording time (often half-hour, or more!).
It seems that You-Tube is one of the few Sites where they can be stored, for streaming, and can provide the necessary links, for free!

I gather that the poster can prevent any replies to the You-Tube videos...(For viewing only).

I don't know if its possible to upload and store such recorded videos on the Sim V Site?.... :roll: ...!

Cheers all...

Paul... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Site Questions & Feedback