If you delete a thread ...

Questions, suggestions, ideas, complaints, compliments about this site or forums. Ask here.

If you delete a thread ...

Postby Webb » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:44 am

It might be courteous to PM the OP and at least let him know his thread has been deleted.

I am referring to the Mein Kampf thread which was deleted without any notice.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Re: If you delete a thread ...

Postby pete » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:38 am

I did PM you Jim before I deleted it. Check your PM's. It should be there. I really hate to lock or delete a thread but it got nasty.

That thread quickly got political and some strong views that I know some people would find offensive were made.

Sure people have the right to offend - just not here at these FS forums. There are plenty of flame war sites out there.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Webb » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:02 pm

There is nothing in the inbox so I'll just blame the forum software.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby jcj78 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:37 pm

Webb wrote:There is nothing in the inbox so I'll just blame the forum software.

Beats laying the blame where it belongs, which is on your own doorstep. I have replied "Good thing we don't politics here" to more than one post you've made. I haven't felt it necessary to do that to anyone else's posts. People who call down the thunder and then whine about the rain confound me.
--
I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics, that a man's reasoning powers are not above a monkey's. - Mark Twain
jcj78
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Site Questions & Feedback