new?

Questions, suggestions, ideas, complaints, compliments about this site or forums. Ask here.

new?

Postby valo1030 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:26 am

simple question...how does the little blue "new" label show up when posting screenshots or topics?????....do i insert when submitting...if so...how?
valo1030
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: new?

Postby Politically Incorrect » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:33 am

You talking about the one seen in the "topics listing"?
I think to each person the "new" sign will be seen at different times, and will go away once you have viewed a topic.
Too test this theory, clear your browsers cache and then revisit a topic that you just looked at, and the "new" sign should appear again.
Or refresh your browser every so often, that will give you a good idea as to when there has been a new post since the last time you viewed it.

Otherwise to answer your question, no you don't insert it it appears on its own, and will only appear as "new" to someone who has yet to view it.
At least this is the best I know how to explain it :)
Last edited by Politically Incorrect on Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Politically Incorrect
Major
Major

Postby ozzy72 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:35 am

The new logo only appears on other peoples threads you haven't viewed yet, or when a thread has had something added to it since you last viewed it (this includes your own threads).

Ozzy
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Politically Incorrect » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:38 pm

The new logo only appears on other peoples threads you haven't viewed yet, or when a thread has had something added to it since you last viewed it (this includes your own threads).

Ozzy

So sort of what I said but a lot less words and making more sense?

;D ;D ;D
Politically Incorrect
Major
Major

Return to Site Questions & Feedback