I feel ripped off !

Questions, suggestions, ideas, complaints, compliments about this site or forums. Ask here.

Re: I feel ripped off !

Postby Sinkrate » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:43 am

Penzoil3, my twopenneth, for what it’s worth (probably not much) is to try jet’s suggestion (without the sexist overtones) and if that doesn’t work, or isn’t an option, then what about giving pete your log-on details (by PM) and let him log-on as you to prove your credentials are valid on the site. You can always change your password when you have got the problem sorted? That would at least eliminate any doubts about your membership on the site. I hope that helps, as you seem to have been having this problem for far too long. :pray:
Sinkrate
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pete » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:39 am

Not a bad idea - I found your membership details and logged in :

Think Global. It's the world we live in.
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby rikoooo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:38 pm

Hello guys

You can see from the screenshot below that downloads from simvation are made from the port 8888 (look at the beginning of the URL), usual port is 80 for the Web alright ? So probably simviation use another server such as lighttpd or nginx on the same machine combined with apache, it's isn't uncommon. In that case it's impossible to run two servers from the same port this is why simvation use another port (8888), it's just my guess. Ok this was to explain the situation.

Now, what if your router or Internet provider disallow port 8888 ? Well, you'll get a time out error and it will be impossible to download. Many of my members have the same issue because on Rikoooo we use port 8080.

To fix this issue you must add a rule into your router's firewall by connecting to its local IP address with username and password. If the issue is from your ISP (they might block the port for some security raisons) then you must contact him.

That's it. Happy if I can help.

Have a good flight

Timeout.jpg
Timeout.jpg (204.87 KiB) Viewed 14 times
rikoooo
Ground hog
Ground hog

Previous

Return to Site Questions & Feedback