Tapatalk

Have you any suggestions for additional forums or improvements?

Tapatalk

Postby BE58D » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:21 pm

The iPad and iPhone have an application, Tapatalk.  Not sure of the requirements for a forum to subscribe (be included) to it.  I know AVSIM is on it.  It would be nice if Simviation was on it, I'm on my iPhone and iPad more so than any other device.
HP Pavillion = p7-1233w
3.20GHz Processor
24GB of RAM (Windows 7 Home Premium only allows for 16GB though) :'(
Radeon 7560D - 4059MB
1TB SATA Internal Hard Drive
BE58D
Major
Major

Re: Tapatalk

Postby pete » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:55 am

Installed + mobile interface selectable in User Control Panel (top button) > Overview

:text-givemebeer:
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ozzy72 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:42 pm

Cooking with gas Pete! You're more unstoppable than that large stone ball at the beginning of Indiana Jones!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Strategic Retreat » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:08 pm

pete wrote:Installed + mobile interface selectable in User Control Panel (top button) > Overview

:text-givemebeer:

The problem with the mobile interface is that if you use a normal browser, on a normal PC, it's almost impossible to use, and is a royal pain up where things should be exit-only to switch between one and the other, pending on the system you're using to log in at the time.

My suggestion is to really Get a Tapatalk extension for the forum, or failing that, make the switch between the two interfaces less an ordeal... a fast switch button on the main forum page, maybe, better if on the left upper side.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby pete » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:45 am

Apparently it detects your mobile device the 1st time you use it ......

From the Tapatalk website FAQ

Q: I have activated Tapatalk, how do I let my members know of this option?
A: When your member access your forum from a mobile device, a small, one-time notification of Tapatalk availability will be shown.

I think I missed my opportunity as I remember over-riding it one day --- now it isn't asking me again ..... :doh:
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Strategic Retreat » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:23 am

pete wrote:I think I missed my opportunity as I remember over-riding it one day --- now it isn't asking me again ..... :doh:

Would you be so kind to make the tapatalk link known, seen that the site does not detect any of my three mobile devices, please?
There is no such a thing as overkill. Only unworthy targets.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby pete » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:02 pm

My mobile device (samsung) tapatalk app -- I had to find the simviation forum in the tapatalk site using the device and add it to the accounts.

& this is how it displays

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Strategic Retreat » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:04 am

pete wrote:My mobile device (samsung) tapatalk app -- I had to find the simviation forum in the tapatalk site using the device and add it to the accounts.

I swear to you on everything you want me to, I've tried, in the past and even, again, after reading your post, and Tapatalk INSISTS at telling me "0 forum found".

Can't you write down the direct link, please?

PS
Actually... my tapatalk's search feature simply seems NOT to work. No matter what's the input, even of sites known or already registered, the answer is till 0 forum found. W. T. F.? :think:
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby Strategic Retreat » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:48 am

Strategic Retreat wrote:Actually... my tapatalk's search feature simply seems NOT to work. No matter what's the input, even of sites known or already registered, the answer is till 0 forum found. W. T. F.? :think:

Problem solved. Direct link is not necessary anymore. Seems I needed to update the app. Sorry for being a bother. :oops:
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby ViperPilot » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:38 am

Opened Tapatalk on my Toshiba Thrive tablet, and clicked on 'search' for SimV. Logged on, and everything works just fine.

<<q
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Return to Suggestions for these forums