Problem downloading

Experiencing a problem using Simviation? Please ask questions or report problems you have here.

Problem downloading

Postby Bubblehead » Fri May 09, 2014 10:39 pm

For some reason I'm having problem downloading aircraft. When I click on the aircraft to download, nothing happens. I see a momentary flash of something which I can't figure out. Can you help?
Bubblehead
Captain
Captain

Re: Problem downloading

Postby PhantomTweak » Fri May 09, 2014 11:35 pm

Check to see if another window opened up, or another tab, but your browser stayed on the page you were on. To DL from this site, when you click the aircraft's title, another window should open with DOWNLOAD NOW at the bottom. It's usually a 1/4 sized window...

Pat☺
Have fun, fly high, far, and free!
Pat
2S7, Chiloquin OR Image
PhantomTweak
Captain
Captain

Postby jandjfrench » Sat May 10, 2014 3:14 am

I'm having the same downloading problem. I'm using Chrome and had the problem several weeks ago. I re-installed Chrome and all was okay for awhile but now the problem is back. I don't know what's going on. The problem is not unique to this site.
jandjfrench
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby jandjfrench » Sat May 10, 2014 3:16 am

I'm having the same downloading problem. I'm using Chrome and had the problem several weeks ago. I re-installed Chrome and all was okay for awhile but now the problem is back. I don't know what's going on. The problem is not unique to this site.
jandjfrench
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pete » Sat May 10, 2014 4:03 am

As always you need to try a few things --
The most simple thing is a reboot - a lot of people do not reboot at least once per day,

- Try another browser
- Clear cache/temp internet files
- Run a cleaner such as malwarebytes
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby garymbuska » Tue May 13, 2014 3:15 pm

pete wrote:As always you need to try a few things --
The most simple thing is a reboot - a lot of people do not reboot at least once per day,

- Try another browser
- Clear cache/temp internet files
- Run a cleaner such as malwarebytes

Chrome used to have issues downloading files from any site. I do not know if they ever fixed the problem it had to do with the FTP protocol if i remember correctly
I prefer FIREFOX it is easy to use and I love the way it handles passwords and it leaves Internet Explorer in the dust.
I will never use chrome
<<v
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Bass » Wed May 14, 2014 6:41 am

I certently agree with Gary :D
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby eclemente » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:25 pm

I too have lost my mind with this issue. I tried everything mentioned. I have run scans and re installed everything. Something is blocking something else and i am pulling my hair out.
eclemente
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby jandjfrench » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:06 pm

Hi,
There is a solution. I previously re-installed, and it worked for a while but the problem recurred. I went into Chrome help and after searching I came across something to try. I tried it and it worked and haven't had the problem since. I just searched help again and couldn't recall the exact cure. I'll keep looking and see if I can remember, but just wanted you to know that there is a solution.
Jim F.
jandjfrench
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Site Problems & Broken Links