Download Probs, Need Leechget Advice

Experiencing a problem using Simviation? Please ask questions or report problems you have here.

Download Probs, Need Leechget Advice

Postby congo » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:58 pm

Hi,

I need to get Leechget configured for SimV, but I'm not sure how exactly.

SimV, for some time now, has been denying permission when I try to use Leechget with an anonymous login.

On dialup, I waste a lot of time trying to get downloads unless I use a download manager, so this is very important to me.

Here is the screen that alerts me of the error.

Here is (I think) the configuration page of leechget.

I tried a couple things so far that didn't work. If anyone can help me out here, (I'm hopeless with software), I'd really appreciate it.

:)
ImageMainboard: Asus P5K-Premium, CPU=Intel E6850 @ x8x450fsb 3.6ghz, RAM: 4gb PC8500 Team Dark, Video: NV8800GT, HDD: 2x1Tb Samsung F3 RAID-0 + 1Tb F3, PSU: Antec 550 Basiq, OS: Win7x64, Display: 24&
congo
Major
Major

Re: Download Probs, Need Leechget Advice

Postby pete » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:16 pm

Hi - you cannot view a folder - such as the contents of /1vintage/

This is for obvious reasons - & also to prevent folk downloading whole batches of files. It must be remembered that downloading is the expensive part of running this site & mass downloading would drive SimV out of existance.

I don't know what download managers will work with our FTP server but it is designed for simple browser downloading. We also do not allow managers that rty to make multiple connections to the same file - If you really want to do that you will have to roll up as a member.

I think 'Getright' will allow single connection download management.

Hope that helps ....
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Download Probs, Need Leechget Advice

Postby congo » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:20 am

Thanks Pete for clearing that up.  :)
ImageMainboard: Asus P5K-Premium, CPU=Intel E6850 @ x8x450fsb 3.6ghz, RAM: 4gb PC8500 Team Dark, Video: NV8800GT, HDD: 2x1Tb Samsung F3 RAID-0 + 1Tb F3, PSU: Antec 550 Basiq, OS: Win7x64, Display: 24&
congo
Major
Major

Return to Site Problems & Broken Links