RiSE OF FLiGHT: two Goods, one Bad & one Ugly

Videos! Discussion on Simulation, Game play, real aviation or other related video. Videos can be embedded links

RiSE OF FLiGHT: two Goods, one Bad & one Ugly

Postby Jean Loup » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:01 pm

First, THE GOOD: excellent demo videos!! & excellent game graphics, much better than what the History TV channel has been delivering. Here is one I particularly like, because it's about the joy of flight & how it can overpower the unwary:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I275R2gFCrk[/youtube]

Another GOOD: the game can be downloaded FOR FREE!! Yes, for free, you are only limited as far as aircraft choices & missions to fly & subscription is a must to play it (I subscribed with my FACEBOOK account). BEWARE: with an optical cable connection, it took a whole afternoon (more than 3 hours), it is an 8.3 GiGAS heavy weight of a download.

Now, the BAD: my PC went back to the stutters, hicccuping & pseudo-freezing :violin: :violin: :violin: (Not even FSX Demo can I play, unless all sliders are at 1/4, wich makes it look very very SH...Y!!). I had to delete the whole rigamarole & go back to Golden Wings :doh: (much better than NOTHiNG).

Finally, the UGLY: I am really really being nice to the mother of my sons (the MASTER, BOSS & ADMINISTRATOR here at the Hacienda), so maybe Papá Noël will deliverme a MODERN PC for Christmas.

THE LiNK: http://riseofflight.com/download/ (I have ViSTA & is not enaugh for this game, forget about Windows XP).

NOTE: I am watching on Satellite TV, the Monaco Historical GP: Lotus wins!! (1.5 liter F1 from the 60's)
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Re: RiSE OF FLiGHT: two Goods, one Bad & one Ugly

Postby Roypcox » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:36 pm

Jean; we have sure missed you and we are thrilled you didn't have health issues. Sorry about the puter be a good little boy and get you something that you can fly. Glad you are back with us again! We all missed you for sure!!!
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Shadowcaster » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:18 pm

Hi welcome back Jean great to see you around again. :dance: :dance: Hopefully the Missus will come up with a computer thingy. :pray: :pray:

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby Jean Loup » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:58 pm

Roypcox wrote:Jean; we have sure missed you and we are thrilled you didn't have health issues. Sorry about the puter be a good little boy and get you something that you can fly. Glad you are back with us again! We all missed you for sure!!!

Shadowcaster wrote:Hi welcome back Jean great to see you around again. :dance: :dance: Hopefully the Missus will come up with a computer thingy. :pray: :pray:

Cheers
Rich

HOLA Roypcox, Shadowcaster & alles mis amigos: I appologize for not explaining!! Time for me is very very erratic since lightning had struck me in 1991, since the first thing it erases is the fact that He struck you ("Choose you" used to say my compadre Lucio of Náhuatl tradition) because it affected my hipothalamus ("controler" of my inmediate memory, or it's "driver" in PC lingo), and went without inmediate memory (what allows you to proceed & finish any project or undertaking; also allows you to fly from take-off, do the navigating & enjoy the view, until landing & tie-up)- for some 4 years, but since most humans think I am kind of peculiar anyway, nobody noticed my condition. Being autistic helped a lot, I believe: we do not need to use inmediate memory so much, because we are just living this moment of life to the full & ignored be all others!! I was unknlowingly stoned to the full & for free!! Back to the 60's... :think:

After a Skydive over Puerto Escondido, I noticed something was back: I started memorizing my inmediate life again... SOMETiMES & SOMETiMES NOT!! That explained why the calendar was recording 4 years, that for me were less than 4 months. My hippothalamus (my amigdala) was recording erratically, turned off at most times. After retracing my steps I arrived at the spot were I got struck... 10 years before!! Not only with age that condition is not improoving much, but the derelict (and senile like me) HP Pavilon Entertainment dv6736nr, went TOTAL RESTORE: formating the C partition from the D partition, plus all the bloatware from HP added for FREE!! 14 years ago, when I was introduced at disasemblig, cleaning PC's & reassembling, install Windows OS, Antivirus & blasted updates for the rest of the day, I could do the whole process in one shot.

But now, the whole process takes me FOUR SHOTS, plenty of excuses from Microsoft with A- Recomend us? B- Not Recoment us C- Undecided... :doh: :doh: :doh: .

ON SHOT Nr. ONE, the PC froze in the process. Yes, the poor thing became catatonic & had to take battery out, disconect & start all over again. Courtesy of a worn C:disc drive. SECOND SHOT: I was finishing installing A CENTURY OF FLiGHT, all Classics fom Lynn & bill Lyons, textures from the Tri-Motor Project, ACG iVM Duxford... & ETCÉTERAS, when Microsoft decided to ask for my Windows ViSTA Key. That means looking for the magnifying glass, then gess where that number is hiding & after10 years & two owners, the sticker's surface is seriously degraded & start the guessing game, but not too much or Microsoft Security meassures will block you for ever & ever. Then, the "Please unlock me" game takes for ever & ever 2. So, ready for SHOT Nr. THREE: HAVING CORRECT NUMBERS TATOOED iN THE PALM OF MY HAND.

Then, after downloading Reader, Flash, Shockwave & Java...NO, they do not install!! So I decided for a FOURTH SHOT & call it TARGET PRACTiCE instead of BORiNG. NO, that did not make newly downladed Reader, Flash & etcétera less dormant. By chance I went Left Key PROPERTiES, and noticed the EXE file said at the bottom UNBLOCK!! Magically, that activated each one of the downloads (Rise of Flight, 8.3 GB, included): new (for me) security meassure of Firefox downloads... & now I am back in bussines :pray: :pray: :pray: For a long time, I hope!! Aparatus with the owner's sindrome
Jean <<t
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby zswobbie1 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:40 am

Welcome back, Jean.

We all missed you. Still with Fs2004?

Cheers,
Robin
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Jean Loup » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:13 pm

zswobbie1 wrote:Welcome back, Jean.
We all missed you. Still with Fs2004?
Cheers,
Robin

HOLA Robin, yes still with FS 2004 (and an IL-2 DEMO II but :pray: don't mention it to Pete) on a DERELICT (& SENiLE) HP Pavilion Entertainment PC with 2 GB RAM, :think: with TWO owners, plus 10 years of daily abuse. Optical LAN connection.
Jean
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Jean Loup » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:06 pm

PROOF OF LiFE
FORMATiON flight: Taifun with Waco Cabin, close to Springfield SPMA (Gee Bee aerodrome)
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Return to Video