Flying a drone through fireworks

Videos! Discussion on Simulation, Game play, real aviation or other related video. Videos can be embedded links

Flying a drone through fireworks

Postby Steve M » Tue May 05, 2015 3:46 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9KZ3jgbbmI

Go to full screen for best viewing.. and nevermind the music, not needed.
Steve M
Major
Major

Re: Flying a drone through fireworks

Postby Shadowcaster » Tue May 05, 2015 11:03 pm

That was pretty spectacular, couldn't help but think that it would have been better with the sound of the fireworks instead of the music. :think:
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby Steve M » Wed May 06, 2015 5:47 am

Yeah, that was my first thought also.
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Wed May 06, 2015 10:27 am

Those Quadcopters are quite amazing things!

With one of those, and a sport video camera fitted, you can explore the area around you at any altitude, without the expense of hiring an aeroplane, or a helicopter!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-pbUJzmnuM

The operator views the aerial scene below, on a monitor/tablet/phone on the ground.

The only problem, as I have experienced with my motorcycle and my chest harness-mounted/helmet-mounted/bike-mounted, sport camera, is the response from other folk when they realise that they are possibly being videoed...some folks don't like it (privacy)!

...but is a marvellous way to explore the countryside, above, and on the ground!

Paul....I spy, with my little eye.... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Steve M » Wed May 06, 2015 2:08 pm

I've been wondering how your getting on with that new video cam, Fozz. Have you found a way to post vids yet? I'm always interested in seeing countrysides in other countries.
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Wed May 06, 2015 2:42 pm

Steve M wrote:I've been wondering how your getting on with that new video cam, Fozz. Have you found a way to post vids yet? I'm always interested in seeing countrysides in other countries.

Hello Steve...

....thanks for remembering!

I've got a couple of videos made, including a 40-minute, 32 mile trip through the countryside between Hereford and Abergavenny in Wales, which I made last Bank Holiday Monday, to meet up with all the Bikers!
A lovely trip, in which I also rode through the Royal Forest Of Dean in Gloucestershire, to visit my Family.
A 100 mile all-round tour!

At the moment, I'm still experimenting with editing the Videos, and trying to figure out all the technicalities of uploading the finished efforts to "Dropbox", so that they can be streamed by the viewers via a Link to the Site.
Its a complicated procedure for me.....
"Technicalities" tend to make my head ache...so there may be a slight delay!.... ;) .... :lol: ....!

I spend a lot of time watching various Motorcycle tours around the Western and South Western USA, so a couple of videos of the English Countryside from the seat of my Motorcycle may be a welcome sight for my USA and Canada Chums!

This "Video" malarkey looks like it could be great fun!

But I do get some strange looks from Folks as they spot my tiny Video Camera aimed in their direction!... :o ...!

Paul....in the Dark Room.....(With Sharon Stone)... :mrgreen: ...!

A wonderful piece of kit....and all for 40 English Pounds!....>>> http://www.sjcam.com/home/27-sjcam-sj40 ... t-dvr.html

P.S...At the moment, the lousy English weather; rain, rain, and more rain, isn't helping with my tours!... :cry: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Steve M » Wed May 06, 2015 3:10 pm

Hope you get it all figured out Paul. :think: There is no aspirin that can cure technology headaches.
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Wed May 06, 2015 3:19 pm

Steve M wrote:Hope you get it all figured out Paul. :think: There is no aspirin that can cure technology headaches.

I can recommend an hour in the Dark Room with Sharon Stone....

...all my problems magically disappeared... (with not a single Asprin in sight)... :dance: ...!

Paul.... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

http://www.sjcam.com/cameras/9-sj4000-f ... t-dvr.html

...and from the air...>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kuj5tHk_XI
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Video