Anyone remember Val

The Cage...What's YOUR Game? Non MS FS/CFS games screenshots - editing allowed!

Anyone remember Val

Postby Dave T » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:11 am

Anyone still play the original FarCry works well W7 64bit patch still very hard if you don't cheat.
Dave T
Major
Major

Re: Anyone remember Val

Postby Fozzer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:31 am

When it comes to all my computer games, I always need; Invincibility, Infinite Weapons, Infinite Ammo, No enemies, ...and God Mode...

...otherwise I can never get past level one, of the two hundred and fifty-six levels... :( ...!

..... :lol: .... :lol: ...!

Presently playing "Borderlands 1", on Steam...>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderlan ... eo_game%29

...as well as Quake I &2, Duke Nukem 3D, The Chaos Engine, The Walking Dead, ....

...and any thing else, as long as I am Invincible!.... :lol: ...!

Paul....Duck!.... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Dave T » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:40 am

I'll admit to a bit of cheating when I'm stuck which was often when playing splinter cell and tomb raider.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:55 am

Dave T wrote:I'll admit to a bit of cheating when I'm stuck which was often when playing splinter cell and tomb raider.

All my zillions of Computer games date back to 1980 with my Sinclair Spectrums, Commodore C64's, Amstrad CPC 464, and Amiga 1200, etc....

...and I've still got them all...Hardware and Games, ready to run!

Paul....Sinclair Forever!.... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Dave T » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:01 am

I remember zx81s,bbcs and 8" floppy drives,the sound of pacman or invaders when you entered cafes.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Shadowcaster » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:26 am

Ah the happy days of computing, marking the volume control for different games on the cassette recorder on the Spectrum. Typing for hours to put naughts and crosses on and then more hours to find the mistakes. Playing Outrun on the Atari ST, and actually using it for something useful like DTP for the local chapel. Then getting the first PC an Amstrad 486 with 4 meg of memory and a 270 meg HDD running DOS and Windows 3.5, used that to access the internet via AOL on a 9600 modem :shock: . Happy days indeed :dance: :dance:
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby Dave T » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:35 am

yes no mobiles you had to walk round to your friends only to find they were out happy days.
here are a few more screenshots
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:02 pm

Don't forget chums, if you are still hankering for the good-old, bedroom programming days of long ago, the Sinclair Spectrum can still be enjoyed, together with all its zillions of games, courtesy of...>>> http://www.spectaculator.com/

I use it as an alternative to my real Spectrum 48K's....it even has a built-in; "Multiface" for de-bugging...and cheats!

It works a treat on modern Windows Computers!

Paul..... :mrgreen: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Dave T » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:53 am

The spectrum colour remember loading tapes squiggly lines and screeching dial up modems.
Play a few other old games that work in w7 SH3 with grey wolves 3 gold which completely changes the game, Strike Fighters, WOS extreme truckers 2 the road trains Australia are fun five diff areas Jungas road is fun in a rig. Simpsons hit and run and Splinter Cell, Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness, Tomb Raider Legend and Gtr Evolution and Lomac which Didn't work on any of my early computers but installed w7 no problems. Far Cry was in the closet for many years because my computer wouldn't run it I play it when I'm bored the matto 3&4 exp are fun to play.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Dave T » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:43 am

Stumbled across this sign in the backwoods of farcry anyone translate the sign?
Funny sign in matto4 compound posted here so as not to offend anyone.
Anyone else still play the original version of farcry?
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Sinkrate » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:27 am

I still think the original version of Far Cry was the best - as with many other games! I used to mod the environment so that I could climb into new areas and also add many more explosive objects to blast the trigens with!

I,m in the middle of FC4 at the moment and it is probably the best of the later incarnations of the game. There are some nice quad bike rides in it, and also a little helicopter that you can fly around in. The map is large and is based in the Himalayas so there is a lot of climbing involved. If you get this game, watch out for the honey badgers - they go for your testicles you know!
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:30 am

I still play the original more than crisis and fc3, crisis spent to much time healing yourself and fc3 wasn't as much fun to play as the original. The original works well on w7 64bit patch it looks pretty good for an old game on the hd tv. Its still a very hard game without resorting to cheating, I did end up altering magazine capacity and body armour and also re skinned jack with camo clothes instead of the red shirt. The SMP5 mod is also a great equaliser on the hardest level and you still have to be very careful. Matto3 and Matto4 are fun additions to play have fun Dave.
Dave T
Major
Major

Return to The Cage