Train Simulation

The Cage...What's YOUR Game? Non MS FS/CFS games screenshots - editing allowed!

Train Simulation

Postby FoMoCo63 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:20 am

If it's not loading or unloading freight to and from a destination airport, which right now goes pretty much 24/7 on one PC,

Or even moving the goods around over the road on 18 wheels, might have to get rid of a few drivers causing more than their fair share of damage to the goods,

It's trains moving freight or passengers cross country.

Train Simulator featured above is Rail Simulator.com Train Simulator 2014. Through the years I have acquired a few of their previous versions, as well as the microsoft train simulator. They all have something to offer, but I was impressed by the way Steam presents the Rail Simulation. com's Train Simulator 2014 at their site. The multiplayer aspect there seems to be something I am looking forward to once I get more training and feeling comfortable with operating the trains, in yards and on the mainline. Don't want to join a multiplayer game and be the cause of mishaps because I missed a stop signal on the mainline, or pulled out of a yard in front of an oncoming, or even excessive speed and derail the train. Oh my, fun is the name of game whatever we do.
FoMoCo63
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Train Simulation

Postby U4EA » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:56 pm

I found TS2014 on the half-off shelf at WallyWorld a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty cool, and a bit more user-friendly than MSTS in my opinion. I'm with you though, I don't really want to online railroad for the same reasons you do.

Plus, I've got way more "talent" causing rail disasters than causing airliner disasters I've come to discover!

Signed;
Dave -- The King Of Crunch! Woohoo! <<t
I love the smell of radials in the morning!
U4EA
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby U4EA » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:28 pm

Just had a thought.........being that we now know at least one other (like-minded) Steam member, we could friend each other and cause some truly epic "rail roading" amongst ourselves.

Methinx it would be pretty awesome to race one end of the Donner Pass to the other! :dance:
I love the smell of radials in the morning!
U4EA
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:12 pm

It would be wild if they could merge the rail system from Train simulator with the scenery in FSX
Modlerbob
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby bombardier » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:26 am

hello to all:

after reading these posts I came up another idea I do not know if you guys heard of this auran train simulator now called n3v. its pretty good you create layouts including industry, houses, factories and so on. I do not kow how deep you all are in train simulator but it gives you an idea. the rolling stock and engines can be dowloaded from their web site dls or you can buy from a third party and put them into the layouts. the newest version is off line play or with an option for a multi player online. yeah I think I got that info right.

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Gunslinger619 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:54 pm

@Modelerbob

I thought about this about a year or two ago. How cool would it be if the Flight Sim was merged with the Train Sim, so that both communities could see each other live in multiplayer!! :music-rockon:
Gunslinger619
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to The Cage