SRTM

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

SRTM

Postby GlobalHobo » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:11 pm

I had to go downtown this past weekend, and several times I heard the sound of round engines. I never had a clear view of the proper patch of sky to see what kind of aero-machine (or machines) was making the ruckus. We have a lot of antiques and warbirds in the local area, so the sound is not entirely unusual. Later in the day I heard it again and this time had the right patch of sky open to my view. I looked up and saw something like this ->

Which, on closer examination was this ->

That's me down on the corner of 4th and Mendocino, across from the old courthouse.

Turns out the EAA is on a national tour with their Tin Goose and this past weekend they were at my home-drome.

When I got home that evening, I re-imagined the flight in FSX using the model from The Ford Project (http://www.ford-tri-motor.net/)

Scenery is Orbyx-FTX NorCal with the KSTS add-on.

GlobalHobo
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: SRTM

Postby Fozzer » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:00 am

Lovely shots, Hobo!.... :dance: ...!

Its fascinating that a little snippet of local news can trigger-off a desire to wheel-out one of the aircraft from our hangar and replicate the occasion!

I follow the NORCAL/SOCAL News each day, and if I find some interesting event, Earthquakes, Wildfires, Storm damage, Floods, etc, even local air shows!... I wheel out my little Cessna 150 and go and explore the area with the aid of my maps!

http://kron4.com/

One of the joys of "Flight Simming" is that we can travel everywhere, unrestricted!

Paul.... :D ...!

The letters "SRTM" always reminds me of scenery mesh.... ;) ....>>> http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... M&x=23&y=8
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Dave T » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:51 am

Very nice.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby GlobalHobo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:04 am

SRTM -> Santa Rosa Tri-Motor. After I posted I thought, "That was stupid. People will think this is a post about Shuttle Radar Terrain Mapping." Oh, well.

"One of the joys of "Flight Simming" is that we can travel everywhere, unrestricted!" I can't agree with you more! I was fortunate enough to have a real-world flying career which took me to all 7 continents. That still leaves an awful lot of the world unexplored. The sim lets me still scratch that itch just a little bit. I have a little Ce150 I have painted up in the colors and registration of the airplane I got my PPL in 1000 years ago, and I enjoy taking that out and reliving some of the adventures of my youth. And I have, over time, reproduced every aircraft in my logbook. Powerful stuff, this toy...
GlobalHobo
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby jankees » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:58 pm

Nice shots!
jankees
Major
Major

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase