A damp day in Hollister!....

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

A damp day in Hollister!....

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:32 am

FSX and my Cessna 150 Aerobat.

Mid January 2017, 9 AM with real weather.

In my news this morning...>>>

http://kron4.com/2017/01/20/flash-flood ... hollister/

Not the sort of weather that I should be out and about, but I thought I would take to the air and observe the flooding occurring all around the 'Frisco Bay area the last few days.

Clearance for take-off at Hollister Municipal Airport [3O7].....
(Note: No usual ground shadows due to poor day light).

Peering through the rain soaked windscreen!...

Banking, to line up with the San Francisco South Bay....

Following Highway 101 to South County Airfield [Q99] at Morgan Hill....

San Jose [KSJC] airport is in the misty distance.

Serious flooding all around NORCAL after heavy rains, and with poor visibility, not the sort of weather that I generally enjoy experiencing in California!

Maybe a case where Captain Sensible and his trusty Cessna should have remained on the ground!... :o ....!

Paul..... :D ...!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollister,_California
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: A damp day in Hollister!....

Postby Dave T » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:16 am

Paul I thought you was a fair weather flyer.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby yancovitch » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:56 pm

yea...how come? :shock:
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby Fozzer » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:57 pm

yancovitch wrote:yea...how come? :shock:

.... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

Definitely a fine weather flyer...me!....... :D ...!

I'm just wondering what the weather is like up in your neck of the woods, Yan?

While Northern California is drowning in water, you (British Colombia) are probably up to your ears in deep snow now?..... :shock: ...!

Most of my North USA/Canada Motorcycle Buddies have parked their Motorcycles up for the Winter!

Today's Sim-flight was around Auckland (NZ)...in the Sun...which was nice and cosy!.... :dance: ...!

Paul.... :D ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Flying Trucker » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:09 pm

Nicely done on the Set Paul... :clap:

I found shot #1 interesting...
It looks as if we can see the rain bouncing off the Taxiway but not on the runway around the Thrifty 150

I found shot #2 interesting with the rain drops on the windscreen...I seldom see that in my screenshots

I would have thought by now Microsoft or someone would have come up with a Precipitation Program to better show the falling to earth of any form of water (rain, snow, hail, sleet or mist).

I also find Frozen Water or Snow during the Winter Months when flying a simulated flight with an aircraft landing or departing on wheel skis or skis off a body of water such as a frozen lake does not depict as well as what we see when using a float plane to land or depart off of the same body of water during the summer months.

Sure we see a bit of blowing snow when power is applied but there is no track in the snow from the landing or departure of course have not seen any rail road tracks in FSX either... :lol:

You have your Thrifty 150 instrument panel looking real good, you have no problem navigating anywhere with what you have installed...very nice Paul.

Again nice set... :clap:
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby yancovitch » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:05 am

yea loved the first shot...so realistic.......ha....crazy weather up here.....was minus 25 celcius, and a week later it was o degrees and sometimes up to plus 5 during the day....now it's around minus 10....and very little snow so far...had a few dumps but not much for quite awhile.....
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby napamule » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:56 pm

You forgot to mention the 40 mph winds with gusts to 60 mph (on purpose, so you could fly the C150)? I live 100 miles South of that area. The wind was blowing trees down around that area. And I have not heard a prop plane (or the usual King Air commuter) fly over where I live the past week or so. Nive pics by the way.
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase