Full FS9 vs FSX demo: I'm rather disapointed!

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

Full FS9 vs FSX demo: I'm rather disapointed!

Postby Jean Loup » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:36 pm

My learning curve & boundaries are so unlimited as my gullibility. Specially when it regards Microsoft: I was so happy using W10 (after some 6 years of dealing & reinstalling with ViSTA, at least once a year) that I landed in FSX Demo as my test flight. I was under the impresión that some aircraft not available for FS9 I could fly now in the Caribean Area, at least. Since I follow Fozzer's preferences as far as flying in warm climates & food diet is concerned, I did not mind this limits. I also believed (HÁ!!) that Microsoft would show off the better caracteristics of FSX in the Demo, to promote sales. WELCOME, DEAR DiSAPOiNTMENT :naughty: :snooty: :violin:

I did begin with aircraft configured for both FS versions. That made me bump into a no-man´s land, like a Verdun of the Virtuality. Starting with the Fokkers (very appropiately named!!) the Eindecker had two versions: for FS9 with one livery & for FSX. with 5 liveries. My favorite was the FSX version with more variety:

Very very happy I open mein Eindecker und... mama Fokker!! the Panel is disgusting & the rotary doesn't rotate at all!!

Sincé the textures are BMP files (I have noticed that aircraft for FSX with BMP files in their textures, work well in FS9: not so when textures have DDS files :snooty: ) I installed das Eindecker in Golden Wings 3. But the propeller disc was SOLID!! :shifty:

Well, there is a DDS file in textures, prop_3bDDS DXT5 that I changed to prop_3bBMP DXT3 and that cured this problema... except a strange vibe viewed from behind, plus a lack of gauges in the center panel:

Sincé I had downloaded the FS9 Eindecker version I installed it in my other FS 2004 & compared results of both panels. The Golden Wings 3 with FSX Eindecker:

The FS 2004 with FS9 Eindecker:

WHAT?? They are very very nuch the same :doh: No gauges whatsoever in center panels. I was about to ask for help in this fórum, when I checked on line with real Eindecker pictures what should be included in that center panel. OH SURPRiSE :o

NO CENTER PANEL, only a map pouch it seems. I also trasplanted the prop_3b texture from FS9 Eindecker to FSX Eindecker, and improved the propeller disc:

At least both versions have very good flying carateristics :violin: :violin: :violin: I will pretend its's a modern replica with a radial instead of a rotary :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: SUMARY; a rather CRUDE version of das Eindecker :think:
<<t
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase