Heinkel He-51 Condor on 3 monitors

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

Heinkel He-51 Condor on 3 monitors

Postby OldAirmail » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:12 pm

I had to replace one of my monitors, so I thought that I'd test it out. It works. :D

If you can afford it, buy all three monitors at the same time from the same seller. My three have been purchased over several years, and adjusting the three to match color perfectly is almost impossible.

With more than one monitor you get distortions on either side, but as you mainly focus on the center monitor you quickly get used to it.

As you can see, the distortion is mainly noticeable in the cockpit view. Supposedly there is a way to mitigate the distortion in Prepar3d and I'll have to spend some time working on it.

For those who have problems landing - the larger your screen area is, the easier it is to land. :D
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Re: Heinkel He-51 Condor on 3 monitors

Postby Flying Trucker » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:04 am

Goodly morning OldAirmail

I just replaced my 11 year old ACER Monitor with a new ACER Monitor which has all the Hook-Ups I need in the back of the Monitor, at least that is what they told me.

Yes I agree when building a Flight Simulator that ALL the Monitors should be purchased at the same time and of the same Model and Make...was told that many times.

I use a Samsung Monitor as it is only 5 years old for my main simulated flying monitor...it is the largest.

Right now the system is set up with the ACER over the Samsung. So I move the GPS or Autopilot up to the ACER Monitor if I want to make changes to the Autopilot or Search for the closest NDBs, VORs etc...on the GPS....sometimes I find it difficult to expand the size of the Autopilot or GPS on the upper monitor depending on simulated aircraft type being used.

Now was going to get rid of this old ACER Monitor but was wondering if I could mount it OFF to the SIDE of my other two monitors. Have no idea what I would do with it but just a thought... :lol:

I would like to run this idea by you...I have the newest upgrade to FS Panel Studio (I think) as just updated this morning.
Now I have many Payware Aircraft for example the C195 and C150 plus about seven more I would like to add a GPS, Autopilot, ADF and VOR Gauges to.
Could I somehow install on this 3rd Monitor a GPS, Autopilot, ADF and VOR Gauges to work with ALL my simulated aircraft that do not have those Gauges...it would be much simpler than using FS Panel Studio to ADD these to each simulated aircraft.
Just turn on the Monitor and there is the Gauges I want...would be good also with aircraft that have those gauges as would not have to switch windows all the time.

Or perhaps moving the Map in FSX to this 3rd Monitor...that is also a thought.

I also use FSUIPC 490 which is Free...wonder if updating that with the Payware FSUIPC would make any difference :?:

Hope I am not taking up too much of your time... ;)
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Flying Trucker » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:34 am

Just me again OldAirmail... :lol:

Just downloaded this:

http://fswidgets.com/shop/download_files.php

GMapHD for Windows

To see if it will work on 3rd Monitor...would be ideal for those low slow simulated flights when no ADF, VOR or GPS is available in the simulated aircraft.

I already have Google Earth but have not used it in years.

Have not installed this yet as waiting to see if there was any advice before doing so.

Thanks...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby OldAirmail » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:52 pm

Hi, Doug.

As you're a real pilot, I think that you'll find flight instruments on a separate fixed monitor is the best way to fly.

I've been using a smaller program called G.A. Panels for several years, and although I like it, it's been acting a little strange lately.

This past Christmas, I bought Air Manager from Sim Inovations to replace it.

The Air Manager instruments don't fit on my two 9" monitors very well. To make it look right I'll have to actually red the instructions. :o

Anyway.

What you'll find in using a monitor or tablet for your instruments, is that just like a real aircraft all of the instruments STAY right where they belong.

And that really is a big deal. In a flight sim, as you look around you have to find where the instruments are, and then try to zoom in to where you can read them.

Imagine doing that while flying an actual plane.

With the separate monitor, you KNOW where to look. MUCH better.

As time goes by my vision is getting worse. My instrument monitors are at a distance where reading them is easy. The flight monitors can be farther away and don't have to be as clear.

I'm sure that you can design instrument panels with FS Panel Studio for each of your aircraft. I started doing that, but soon decided that most of the planes that I fly fit, slow & low, will fit a generic set of instruments.

You'll probably find that you too have made an instrument layout that you like a lot. If you like it, keep on using it. I won't tell anyone. :D
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Flying Trucker » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:04 pm

Thanks OldAirmail...sounds like some sound advice... ;)
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase