Asiana

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

Asiana

Postby Dave87 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:30 pm

I've recently got a bit bored of flying typical more direct routings that I am familiar with, so I've start trying to find real world routes that get me from A to B but via different places, all whilst sticking to realistic time scales, on my latest route I was going from Gatwick in the UK (EGKK) to Melbourne in Australia (YMML). In order to fly with some Airlines I don't usually use, I took a Norwegian 737 to Rome, a Korean 777 to Seoul then a Asiana 777 to Sydney, followed by a hop on a Qantas 737 to Melbourne.

Anyway, whilst on my leg from Seoul to Sydney I was in an Asiana 772 and realized they have a very nice paint scheme going on (considering I hadn't heard of them previously), so here a few quick shots I took towards the end of the trip.

I like how the aircraft's reg is on the wing, I've not seen this before on a modern airliner, does anybody know the reason for it?

I also never really appreciated how big the 772 is until i took the last shot.

Thanks
David
Dave87
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Asiana

Postby Flying Trucker » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:44 am

Good morning Dave... <<q

Here is a Link to check out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_registration

It is still up to the Registering Country where and where not the Aircraft Registration should go.

It is much easier for Ground Controllers in the Tower to see the Registration on the Fuselage Side than on top of the wings or the bottom of the wings most times.

Nicely done on the pictures... :clap:
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase