Fun Bell206

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

Fun Bell206

Postby Dave T » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:34 am

Just playing around with Bell206 with sling attached you can just see the liftable objects I placed on the platform using the saved flt method the beauty of this is the scenery returns to normal with no objects in normal free flight mode, I placed some more objects on the ships as well to pick up and have fun with.
I was hoping to pick up the tesla coil from the helipad of the yacht but it must have fell off because it wasn,t where it was supposed to be. I will try to get the tesla coil to work from the moving yacht over the weekend and might have to try my hand at building a proper mission if I can get it to work.
I will probably change back to the Merlin as it has a winch and better lifting capabilities.
Dave T
Major
Major

Re: Fun Bell206

Postby Flying Trucker » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:25 am

Nicely done on the set Dave... <<q
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Shadowcaster » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:46 am

Very nice work there, :clap: :clap: :clap: the ships do add an extra level of immersion. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby Dave T » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:01 am

Thanks for the replies, the ships scenery I downloaded from a link at SOH from the forum Global AI Ship Traffic V1 for FSX and P3D News and Support and a few ships from the global ai pack the rowan gorilla VI. I just added objects to pick up with helicopters and the moving yacht slowed down a bit to 10 knots as I didn't want it to disappear at 30knots and it should have had the tesla coil to pick up off the helipad which disappeared maybe I got the height wrong, using the saved flt method which uses a linked xml file to create the object placement which means the scenery returns to just the ships without the objects in normal free flight. Still trying to get the objects to be picked up from a moving vehicle to work.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby jamarogers » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:07 pm

You do love a challenge ... most of us are content to simply land on a moving object or release a load without destroying it. I have landed on moving objects (designed for such with a landing pad). I've lifted objects from stationary locations and stationary objects, then transferred and released to another location. Lifting from an object was very tricky, but you can see how I did this in my Costa Concordia mission, where I lift a lifeboat from the beached CC, then placed into water for rescue... but again the Costa Concordia was stationary.
To answer your question, I know of no way place an object (other than user) on a moving vehicle. I ran into a similar problem trying to get AI to take off from a moving ship... the ship moved and the AI remained stationary until they fell into the water. I did finally achieve a happy medium by starting the mission with the ship stationary, taking off the AI and finally setting the ship underway. Sorry I'm of no help on this one. Good luck and please post your solution if you find one.
jamarogers
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Dave T » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:37 pm

Thanks for the reply I still have the saved flight and the xml, might have another try at getting it to work.
Dave T
Major
Major

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase