15-ASAS

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

15-ASAS

Postby pilotwin7 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:18 am

Gentleman... an announcement I got an e-mail from head THC want us to head back (ASAS) as soon as possible back to
Sky Harbor international airport Phoenix, AZ.
I'm not sure what reason why, let All get ready crew.
Mr. Bob Your hand is my command
Yes captain

Mr. bob please tell me have you flown this aircraft before. No captain
Imagine! Your first time, no wonder your resume show you are a (FTTs).
I also Google when we at Sedona rest area and this what I have Found.
A test pilot is an aviator who flies new and modified aircraft in specific maneuvers, known as flight test techniques or FTTs,
allowing the results to be measured and the design to be evaluated.

Also, sad to say ... In the 1950s, test pilots were being killed at the rate of about one a week,
but the risks have shrunk to a fraction of that, thanks to the maturation of aircraft technology, better ground-testing and
....SIMULATION! Of aircraft performance, fly by wire technology and lately,
the use of unmanned aerial vehicles to test experimental aircraft features.
Still, piloting experimental aircraft remains more dangerous than most other types of flying. <<q

1.jpg
1.jpg (263.68 KiB) Viewed 782 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (220.71 KiB) Viewed 782 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (96 KiB) Viewed 782 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (153.83 KiB) Viewed 782 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (74.06 KiB) Viewed 782 times
6.jpg
6.jpg (301.86 KiB) Viewed 782 times
pilotwin7
Major
Major

Re: 15-ASAS

Postby wifesaysno » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:55 am

Every single aircraft built from a kit or plans is also considered 'experimental' (E-AB).

Experimentals may be more dangerous, but believe me, that is where all the magic and cool stuff happens. Sometimes it is just a guy testing a new turbo system on his little O-200 powered custom bird built in his garage, other times it is the 1st civil space craft. I have been fortunate to meet all in between.

Test pilots, flight test engineers, and experimental aircraft builders got the "Wright Stuff" in spades!

If you want to follow some really energetic and enthusiastic examples of this community you can follow Elliot Seguin (Wasabi Air Racing) and Andrew Findlay (One Moment Air Racing)....other wise get involved with EAA and build an 'experimental-amateur built' aircraft of your own!

Tailwinds,
Adam
wifesaysno
Major
Major

Re: 15-ASAS

Postby pilotwin7 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:46 pm

pilotwin7
Major
Major

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase